RCM-Samsung NP300E4E bios update
Recently, I did a service for a co-worker. Here is his problem; he was trying to reformat the laptop (Samsung np300e4e). But he was unable to enter bios while pressing F2 to change the boot order/priority. He also tried other buttons to show boot menu but no luck. So he seek for my help.
I did a research on Samsung NP300E4E and read its manual. My co-worker is right by pressing F2 to enter bios and F4 for recovery. But as my research continues I found out that not only his laptop is having a problem with F2 button. It is found that some samsung laptops have problems with its bios and needs to be updated to function properly.
These are the steps I did to fix and update the bios.
- Boot up the laptop and test all buttons from esc,F1 to F12 and Del to determine which button works and what it does. Esc=cancel F2=bios setup F4=recovery F8=safe mode
- I tried F2 to enter bios but failed. Tried F8 to enter safe mode but the laptop hangs. Tried normal boot up it gave me a boot manager then boots with a blue screen sad face.
- I inserted a windows 8.1 dvd in the optical drive and try to repair the operating system but it did not boot from the dvd and went straight to windows boot manager.
- So this next step gave me a hint, tried to boot it up again without the windows dvd and when the boot manager shows, I pressed esc to cancel. Upon pressing esc repeatedly, the F4 recovery showed for a short period of time. When the F4 recovery menu shows the dvd rom spins as well as if it is looking for the recovery cd.
- I inserted the windows dvd installer again the doing the same procedure in step 4 by pressing esc repeatedly until I get press any key to boot from cd or dvd.
- I pressed any key to boot from the windows installer. And the laptop boots with a samsung logo and waited for a while and then showed a loading icon from windows 8
- Upon windows 8 boot, I chose to repair instead of install
- Then chose advance options and UEFI firmware settings to enter bios
- The laptop restarts and entered bios setup. I immediately went to boot options and disabled secure boot then changed boot from uefi and cm os.
- Also I did change the boot priority from usb hdd, usb cd, dvd drive and hdd drive.
- Pressed F10 to save the settings.
- The laptop boot up from the dvd drive and did continue installing the windows 8.1 os
- I deleted every hdd partition and created a new partition. Then install the os.
- After installation, I went to samsung site to download samsung update to update the but I didnt find any.
- Googled samsung bios update and then downloaded from a different site.
- I tried to install it on the default user but it was blocked by user account control
- So i did enable the default administrator and used that to install the bios update software
- You also have to enable the software installation on internet options
- After updating the bios, I disabled the default administrator account and signed in to my account.
- Restarted the laptop and pressed F2 and viola! bios setup is now accessible…
I’ll update this post with pictures or video when I have a spare time.
Hope this helps guyz. I forgot the source on youtube where I found this guide but in spanish. Hehe I give him credit for giving me the idea. I did something different from his video. I also did try removing the hdd.