Save Display and Print Settings in Excel
A custom view in Excel can consist of print settings such as margins, page breaks and print scaling and display settings such as filters and hidden columns. You can create as many custom views as you wish making them perfect for frequently used views and print jobs. They will save time and increase efficiency.
Switching between views is easy and depletes the need to unhide columns or remove filters to return to normal or another view you need to use.
Create a Custom View
1. Change the worksheet display and print settings as required
2. Click the View tab on the Ribbon
3. Click the Custom Views button in the Workbook Views group
4. Click the Add button
5. Enter a name for your custom view
6. Uncheck the Print settings or Hidden rows, columns and filter settings boxes if required and click Ok
Show a Custom View
Once you have created the required custom views. You need to know how to switch between the different views you have created.
It is always advised to create one view that contains your normal settings without any filters or hidden columns. This makes it easy to return to normal removing any display settings that had been applied.
1. Click the Custom Views button in the Workbook View group of the View tab
2. Select the view you want to apply and click the Show button
A button can be added to the toolbar to make switching views even quicker and easier.
Add the Custom View List to the Toolbar
Adding a button to the toolbar will allow you to select a Custom View from a list. This command was introduced with Excel 2010 meaning unfortunately it is not available with previous versions.
1. Click the Customise Quick Access Toolbar button on the end of the toolbar and select More Commands
2. Click the Popular Commands list and select All Commands
3. Scroll down until you see the Custom View buttons. There are two. The first one provides a list giving faster access to your custom views than the dialog box
4. Select the command and click the Add button
5. Click Ok
6. The button is added to the Quick Access Toolbar, click it and choose a view to easily switch between views.