- Internet & the Web
Search Engine Optimization, Huh?
Understanding The SEO
Search Engine Optimization is not an exact science. It is pieces of science, art, trial, error and much persistence. If you want to be guaranteed of first page placement then purchasing an AD in Google would be your best bet, but if you would like to be on the first page (organic placement) more often than not, then let’s look at, and acknowledge, the following things:
1) Search Engines such as Google change their algorithms periodically, my estimated guess is every six months or so.
2) Don’t overly stress out about dropping out of the first page results, it will happen periodically, know that if you continue to provide good content you will be back on the first page placement.
3) Winning the Search Engine Wars is landing on the first page, not necessarily the first place
4) If you haven’t been on the first page before, don’t expect be on the first page immediately – remember that many to most of your competitors have been employing SEO longer.
5) The great thing about SEO is that many companies can sustain themselves on search engine traffic alone, BUT they do so by offering a “killer” enticement
6) Don’t be a control freak! You may be able to influence your search engine rankings, you do not control them.
7) Sometimes in overly competitive keyword categories, it may be beneficial to employ some pay-oriented strategies to crystallize presence and trigger conversions
8) In the end, Search Engines such as Google, MSN, Yahoo, AOL or ASK, look for good, relevant content. Moreover, content that is frequently updated employs great on-page optimization and intelligent linking strategies.
9) Finally, if you haven’t already, get social. Web 2.0 is here to stay, the world is waiting!
If you would like more information on SEO, don’t hesitate to contact us at InSiteful Solutions!