Skype Keyboard Shortcuts: Discover the Best of Skype
Skype is one of the most popular online chat software that millions of people use daily. It is a really powerful and easy to use software for video, voice, and text chatting.
If you are one of those Skype users, you may like to know some of its shortcuts. Let’s see what are these Skype keyboard shortcuts and how can we use them.
Enabling Skype Keyboard Shortcuts
Before using these Skype keyboard shortcuts you need to enable this option. To do this, go to Tools > Options > Advanced Settings > Hotkeys.
Then check the “Enable Keyboard shortcuts” option. You can select your own custom hot keys for several “Actions”. To assign hotkeys, select the action and click “Change selected shortcut” and assign new set of keys.
Once you followed above steps you are ready to use keyboard shortcuts of Skype. Here are them.
- Alt-PageUp Answer a call
- Ctrl-Alt-PageUp Answer a call with video
- Alt-PageDown Reject or Hang up a call
- F6 Jump to Quickfilter
- Esc Clear Quickfilter
Chat Window of Skype:
- Ctrl+W Close or hide chat window
- Ctrl+F Find in chat history
- F3 or Shift-F3 Find Next/Previous match
Main Skype Window:
- Ctrl+Q Exit Skype
- Ctrl+W Hide main Skype window
- Ctrl+U Show or Hide Offline Contacts
- Ctrl+E Switch between Events History and Contact list
Chat Commands of Skype:
- /add skypename Add the Skype user to this chat (Ex: /add Hermann)
- /help Show a list of available commands
- /history Show the history for a chat
- /find text Find messages containing “text” in the chat
More Skype commands are available at Skype support website.
Hidden Skype Emoticons
Emoticons are one of an interesting feature in chatting. There are number of emoticons in Skype. However some of them are hidden. You need to use special commands to use them. Here are the hidden Skype emoticons.
There are another two commands as (mooning) and (finger) hasn’t mentioned here due to their obscene nature.
These Skype keyboard shortcuts and hidden Skype emoticons will help you to enjoy the most out of Skype while using this great software efficiently.