Smart Phone with 3G - Steps to Check Your Phone Support to 3G
What is 3G and Features of 3G Network ?
Let us assume 2G (Second generation)as a pipe through which 10 persons can go at a time. 3G is a pipe through which 100 persons can go at a time. Most of us are using 2G.In this only sound is transmitted.
In third generation Network or 3G we can transmit sound waves as well as videos. In this both speaker and listener can view each other during their conversation.
- Video Calling is the most attractive feature of 3G.Then;
- Mobile TV is another feature of 3G which attracts lots of people. There is no need to run to watch TV to view IPL matches and news if you have a 3G support, you can watch all these in your mobile itself.
- Highspeed Internet is yet another feature of 3G.To download your favorite songs you don’t need to wait too long after a click, it will be downloaded in seconds.
Pros and cons of 3G phones
Mobile phone companies are busy on the expedition of coming out and introducing innovative and attractive features so as to draw as many techno savvies as possible and have been adequately successful on it. With 3G trait embarked in the scenario, the urge to make this feature avail on one’s mobile sets have shoot on a drastic velocity.
Pros of 3G
The greatest boon of 3G is to have access to data at a speed of 2 MB per second. High quality videos and multimedia files can be subscribed at any point of time. Apart from online banking, billing, video conferencing and online games, high speed browsing is a forte of 3G. Availability of television channels on mobile phones is another aspect that fuels the popularity of 3G among people.
Cons of 3G
- The price of 3G mobile phones is a bit high.
- People on either end should have access to 3G supporting mobile phones in case video conference or chatting is to be carried out.
- A lot of surcharge is deducted for data usage. Video conferencing, chatting and browsing charges are much high.
How to Check 3G in Your Handset?
What are the things needed to get 3G in Your Handset?
3G is not available in every handset. We need a handset with 3G features and 3G subscription. You have to be in a 3G zone. But 3G is not available everywhere. Now 3G facility is only available in big cities. In the future it will be available all over.
In ordinary mobiles Network mode will be GSM only where as in 3G smart phones you will get another network mode ie.UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunication System) . You will get 3G service through this. You can check yourself whether your phone supports 3G or not. In most of the mobiles you can find out this from the Network Settings in the Settings option.
If it is a 3G supporter then it will have 3 options like GSM, UMTS and DUAL MODE.3G service cannot be utilized if your mobile does not show the Network setting option.
The Main 3G applications are
- Mobile TV
- Video on demand
- Video conferencing
What is Video Call in 3G?
Video Call is nothing but you can communicate and view each other as in a direct conversation. Assume that you are making a video call during a journey. If any one person is out of the 3G zone, video will not be available but you can continue the voice call. That means you will be able to make voice calls like an ordinary call.
Another feature of 3G is broadband Internet Connection and so the downloading is very fast.