- Android Phones
The Best Apps to Have on Your Android Phone
Helpful Apps for Your Everyday Life
There are millions of apps out there to help make your life easier. Not all of them are useful and many are poorly programed. I've compiled a list of apps that I personally use everyday and can vouch for their usefulness.
All of these apps are free and can be found on the Google Play Store.
- This app is a great tool to have on your phone when you feel that there may be a virus on your phone and you need to remove any Trojans on your device. There's also a free computer download of the program to help remove any nasty bugs on your hard drive as well.
- This app is truly a lifesaver when you fear losing your photos or videos on your phone. I went through that trauma several times and I'm so thankful I was able to download the app to save my precious photos. The photos are saved to three different places: once on the app itself, the online account for Dropbox, and then again on your computer because of the connecting account to Dropbox. You never again have to worry about losing a photo ever again. The app can also save video.
- This app is great for when the light from the screen of your phone isn't good enough. You can create a flashlight, morse code, a strobe light, police lights, and even a light bulb incase you have a brilliant idea!
- This is a great app to check out the movie times for local theaters around you. I've used this countless times for checking out a quick movie time. You can save theaters as favorites for a quick check and see reviews of the movie.
- If you're ever going to download an app, this is the one to download. With the horrendous gas prices these days, it's vital to know where the best gas prices are around town. You can sort by price, distance and even by a specific name incase you have a gas card for a specific gas station chain.
- This app is mainly for females, but this app will track your period, ovulation cycle and when you're most fertile. It's great for predicting when your period is next or if you're trying to get pregnant, when are the best days to try to get pregnant. I've used this app for several years and it's great to have on your phone even if you only use it twice a month.
- This is a great little app to have when you want to make your own ringtones and not use those crappy one you usually have to download through another app. It uses music that's already on your phone and you have the power to cut and clip the exact section of music you want to use as a ringtone.
- Don't you always wonder what's the name of that song on the radio or playing in the restaurant? SoundHound to the rescue! Just bring up the app and tap on the icon to let the app listen to the song and within second you'll be alerted to the name of the song, the artist, and the year of its release. A simple tool that also keeps a record of the songs you look up so you can go back and find them with ease.
Tip N Split
- Always frustrated with trying to figure out how much of a tip to leave when you're paying the bill? With this app you can enter in how much the bill is, and calculate the percentage of how much you'd like to leave. You can also figure out how much it would be to split the bill however many ways you'd like.