ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

The Deep Web- Are Red Rooms Real?

Updated on January 9, 2016

What are "Red Rooms"?

To put it in short, Red Rooms are basically a live-stream where you pay to watch other people get tortured, abused, maimed or even killed. If you go on the Deep Web often, you have already encountered a Red Room.

Are "Red Rooms" Real?

The unfortunate answer to that query is yes. There are people out there who spend thousands of dollars to watch a human being get mutilated and murdered. However, if you stumble upon a Red Room, I guarantee you that 99.9% of the time, it is going to be fake.

Suppose you are an administrator of a Red Room and you have just put your links out there. Chances are that a federal agent might see those links and trace them to you and shut you down.

You see, getting into a Red Room is not as easy as logging into your Facebook account. You can't just sign up and enter a Red Room.

"Well, if that's the case," some of you might say, "how do you enter a Red Room?"

Getting Into A Red Room

As I said before, getting into a Red Room is not an easy task. You need to chat with someone who has the link to such a secret website. As you can guess, the links to Red Rooms are hidden. After you chat with such a person and acquire the link from them, you click on the link. Simple, right?

Not so much.

You see, they don't just stop there. After you visit a Red Room website, you have to get invited to sign up on that website by a moderator or administrator. After that, they are going to ask you a few personal details, run a background check on you, and then, finally, allow you to enter,

Now that you know that, do you think you would feel comfortable sharing your personal details with people who live-stream murder?

Also, most of the times, these Red Rooms require you to download a special browser. Now, I advise you to never download anything from the Deep Web because it's bound to be loaded with tracking software. Now, they know where you are and what you are doing on your computer.

Is that spooky enough for you?

People, I strongly advise you to use protection software if you go on the Deep Web. Although going on the Deep Web doesn't come recommended by me, I will be writing an article on "how to protect yourself on the Deep Web soon for those who are curious enough to surf the Deep Web.

Now, you would say how do I know this information? Well, I've never been in an actual Red Room nor do I ever intend to enter any. All of this information is based on the accounts of people who have educated me about Red Rooms on various forums.

This is not an actual Red Room. It's just a graphic image that I found.
This is not an actual Red Room. It's just a graphic image that I found. | Source

Why I Think Most Red Rooms Are Fake

As I've explained before, a Red Room is a live stream. If you have ever used "tor" (the onion router), you know that it pings you all over the world to keep you anonymous. For example, it might show that you are in China one second and in Germany the other. Because it pings you all over the world, your identity and your location remains anonymous.

Even with the fastest internet connection, accessing the Deep Web is a tedious task because of all the pinging going on. When "tor" pings you all over the world, it takes up a large amount of your bandwidth, resulting in a sluggish internet speed. You would require ages to even download a 5 megabyte file.

So, you can imagine that live-streaming with such a slow internet speed would be a blistering pain in the butt. Unless you stream it in low resolutions such as 144p, and let's be honest, no one likes to watch 144p videos, except maybe, people who like to watch other people getting tortured and murdered. Even if you do stream at 144p, the live-stream will freeze more than often, which really won't add much to viewing pleasure (if that's what you choose to call it), would it?

Also, the Deep Web has more scams than you can count. A Red Room you find, might be one.

Don't Be Discouraged

Although, I do advise people against accessing the Deep Web, I wouldn't discourage the curious people from doing so.

Probably, all this grim talk about Reed Rooms has freaked you out (and it should, because it is freaky), you needn't worry because you just won't stumble upon one.

You see, you don't find morbidly horrible stuff on the Deep Web unless you are actively searching for morbidly horrible stuff.

However, there is always a 10% chance that an unknown link you click upon might contain illicit things, there is a 90% chance that it won't.

The Deep Web is infamous for all of the horrible stuff that goes down there, and its true, because horrible stuff does go down there, but the thing is, you won't find it unless you really intend to find it.


Do Red Rooms exist?


Can I Join One?

If you're into kinky stuff and want to ruin your life, sure!

I found a Red Room recently, do you think it's real?

Probably not.

The Dark Net: Inside the Digital Underworld

Fact Of The Day!



    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • profile image

      Here hear. 

      3 months ago

      You write well.

      I enjoyed your lack of SJW preaching or any Alex Jones nonsense.


    This website uses cookies

    As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

    For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

    Show Details
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)