The Future of Artificial Intelligence, Robots and Machines
Man meet Machine
The idea of robots and autonomous humanoids and cars helping us out sounds great but consequences can arise if not properly controlled in some form. Is this new adventure in science going to be our demise or the beginning of something amazing? Be the judge after reviewing the subject in full detail. Always inventing and innovating is a part of life and we must advance with time. However, the way we traverse the technological part of the future we must be aware of possible issues that can arise. Some type of chip needs mixed into any super a.i. to ensure nothing sinister happens that mortal men can't control. I hope you enjoy this article and remember A.I. can be wonderful or completely devastating. One thing is for sure and that is letting machines run the world would end life as we know it.
Robot in the Spotlight
How Far in Evolution Should We Advance?
Where is A.I. at in 2017?
Artificial Intelligence is seen in small doses everyday from the I Phone using Siri to the Amazon Echo. A.I. Humanoid robots with learning abilities are on the market albeit for outrages prices. Autonomous, self driving cars are own their way and everything from drones to phones can learn what the user likes for recommendations, etc. We are in the era of A.I. without a doubt but once we get to "Super" A.I. , if you will, then trouble can compound itself at a rapid, hard to manage pace. So far everything is under control and moving at a steady pace but greed could possess certain folks to push super a.i. a little before we are ready for it. We need smart people on the job and then these robots will be well worth it in certain areas of our daily lives. In the next 5 years Artificial Intelligence will be seen a lot more incorporated inside of bots with legs and arms so be prepared cause it is coming.
How Far Will We Go?
Humanoids with A.I. Will Coexist with Humans
At the rate we are going it will not be long before we start to see robots all over the place, from the streets to our work and even in our households. It sounds funny to think of it even scary but the fact is the day will come where humanoids will populate the planet and rival certain races in number. Think of the film "I, Robot and then you can imagine what it will look like. It can work as long as the humanoids understand their role and it remains somewhat limited especially on the ability to gain knowledge. Wanting and even needing A.I. on some level is important but to love a robot is just plain silly.
Artificial Intelligence and the Future (Video)
ASIMO Serves Beverages
Machines Will Be More Important than Ever
Some jobs will be lost to machines which is an issue so I guess getting a college degree in robotics may be a wise investment for the younger generation. Other than repairs a robot will be efficient because it does not need breaks, vacations and it does not break any company rules under proper programming. Machines are near perfect workers under proper conditions at the right job. Even now, bots are being used in factories, Domino's Pizza uses robots and other companies are experimenting as I type this. The future is bright with machines in the business world.
Do you like the idea of Artificial Intelligence?
Man Needs to Control A.I.
Artificial Intelligence Needs Regulated
Without a company or government regulated system in place to keep A.I. under control things could get nasty really fast. Artificial Intelligence that is built into a robot is fine as long as the robot cannot develop anger and it cannot learn to kill. It is vital that A.I. maintains a watch dog of sorts to monitor everything happening in this high tech, controversial system that is well on its way. Several big names including Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates and Elon Musk have voiced their fears over what is being called super artificial intelligence.
Top Humanoid Robots
1. Asimo (2000) Honda created ASIMO which can talk, walk and run, climb stairs, serve food and drinks to people and dance to music not to mention play soccer, sing and answer basic questions.
2. RoboThespian (2012) This guy can teach, talk with you or just play with you doing all types of games including playing fetch.
3. Nao (2008) A brilliant internet-ready, genius at your command. This fellow is like a professor from college and he is ready to give you the knowledge.
4. iCub (2004) ICub is slightly scary bevause this fellow has the ability for cognitive learning.
5. Atlas Unplugged (2013) This humanoid by Google can climb with its hands and legs whether it is raining or on a snow covered mountain.
- Remembering Steve Jobs: Inventor and Innovator
This article is about Apple Computer founder Steve Jobs. He brought us the first wave of personal computers as well as the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Pictures, you tube videos, and videos are here.
- Asimo Robot and other Honda Technologies
This article describes some of Honda's top inventions. Cars, vans, motorcycles, Pressure Washers and Garden Tillers are listed in this hub and of course the Honda robot called Asimo.
- Invention in The Spotlight: Google Glass Review
Google Glass is a hands free smart phone that attaches to glasses. It has many uses such as a navigation system, wifi internet, Nd it can take pictures, film video and check E Mail.
- Artificial Intelligence: Is It a Good or Bad Thing?
Artificial Intelligence is definitely in our future but how much intelligence is too much? Share in the debate with commentary, photos and videos listed throughout this article.
Rise of the Machines (Video)
Hollywood's Take on A.I.
Movies on A.I. & Robot Takeover
1. A.I. (2001) Steven Spielberg directed and produced this film about android boy who has the ability to have emotions such as love.
2. I Robot (2004) Will Smith stars in this film where the smart robots start to take over.
3. The Terminator (1984) Arnold is hard to destroy as he is sent to kill someone and he has genius level smarts to go with his killing skills.
4. RoboCop (1987) Peter Weller plays as RoboCop, who is a man who died and was brought back as half human-half machine.
5. Short Circuit (1986) Steve Guuttenberg and Ally Sheedy star in this film that is part science fiction and all comedy. The robot is struck by lightning and begins to learn faster than humans can.
ASIMO Robot (Video)
Humanoid Robot Asuna (Video)
© 2017 Buster Johnson