Asimo Robot and other Honda Technologies
Honda is a thing of beauty
Asimo: Honda's Robot
Anyone who has not seen this android needs to watch him on you tube. Asimo can walk, run, dance and even jump. He can bend, squat and climb stairs up and down. This robot can pour drinks and can shake hands and it responds to commands in several ways. It responds to verbal commands and commands given to it from a Honda controller that is hooked up to a computer.
Asimo was created in 2000. It is an acronym for Advanced Step Innovative Mobility. "A.S.I.M.O." It weight approximately 120lbs and it stands 4'3" tall. Asimo was created in Japan. This robot is able to climb, run up and down stairs as well as walk/run at speeds up to 4 miles per hour. This robot can even kick and I have watched video of Asimo dancing. These are just the basics but, if your willing to pay the premium amount you can get a customized version that looks more realistic. With this technology rapidly developing, the Asimo robot can only improve as the technology improves or is developed. It is amazing how far we have come. Pretty soon, the robots will be tying our shoes strings and they will be running our bath water. Who knows? This might already be in working progress.
Features Include: A rechargeable lithium ion battery. Asimo can be controlled by a personal computer or commands that are being sent from a Honda controller and voice command. Asimo is able to recognize sounds, movements, different faces and even voices. The two cameras that are in the eyes of Asimo can determine distance, direction and it recognizes many human gestures and voice commands. As we all know, this will only improve over time.
Some of most amazing things about Asimo robots is having the ability to shake hands, walk, run, climb, make drinks, for people on command and make humans' bath water. It can also sit and perform other tasks including, taking the garbage to the front door. The robot can only run up to one hour at a time but, it only takes twenty minutes to charge it back up.
I really have some mixed feelings about having a robot wait on me because, I am capable of doing things on my own. I am most independent and just do things on my own. Having made that last statement, if I was able to get used to be waited on by a robot, I am sure that I could get used to being brought a drink.
We were watching the robot on the internet this afternoon and learned that Asimo can now recognize up to 10 people on a regular basis. It is amazing once, again that the technology is moving so fast. I am sure that soon, the robot will be able to recognize 50 to maybe even 100 people. With it being a robot, I would imagine that it would not forget things like a human would do.
This robot also inadvertently led to another invention by Honda. It's a robotic leg that can now assist people with walking.
I have a Honda Accord and I love my car so, I can imagine the time, care and quality that went into making Asimo. This will most likely make us more lazy that what we already are.
Do They Make It?
view quiz statistics
Have You Owned One?
Have you ever owned anything made by Honda?
Honda Products: Past, Present and Future
1. Motorcycles: Honda is the leader in motorcycle sales and they have been for over thirty years. Sorry Harley Davidson. They hardly ever break down and seem to be everywhere. Every time that I see a Honda motorcycle, they are flying down the road. They do look fun but, I would be afraid of having a terrible wreck other than that. I guess that it's safe to say that I am not the person to be riding one of these bikes.
2. Automobiles: Honda has produced cars since 1963 and the Accord is their flagship car. They also have a luxury car called the Acura. There are so many more Honda cars, vans, SUV vehicles. I have had several Honda Accords in the past and they have all been great cars for me. They seem to just run forever.
3. Android (Robots): Honda has been toying with robots for years and they seem to be making serious headway. The robots are getting even more advanced with each day. They have a robot that they are very proud of, named Asimo.
4. Motor Scooters/ATV's: Honda has long been a leader in Scooter sales and they are great on gas. The Honda Spree gets 52 miles per gallon. If you knew that you would not get run over on the interstate, you could ride this to work each day.
5. Outdoor Water Craft: Honda produces inflatable boats, jet skis and motors for boats.
6. Lawn and Garden Equipment: The Honda Corporation makes many home and garden items such as: lawnmowers, tillers, weed eaters, leaf blowers and even a robotic lawn mower.
7. Generators: Generators have long been on Honda's make line and they really come in handy if the power goes out in the house.
8. Jet Engines and Aircraft: Honda technology produces an aerodynamic jet engine which reduces drag and saves big bucks on fuel costs.
9. Pressure Washers: Honda makes engines and pumps for power washers.
10. Solar Cell Technology: Honda has a subsidary company that focuses exclusively on home and business solar ambitions.
The Honda Robot
List of Honda Products
Honda Accessories on Amazon
Invention and Technology Hubs!
- Best Inventions of the 1960's
This article is about the top inventions of the 1960s. The Halogen Lamp, Acrylic Paint, Ram, Audio Cassettes and Hand Held calculators are documented in this hub. You Tube videos, pictures, polls, maps and commentary are listed in this invention hub.
- Top Medical Inventions of The 1970's
This medical advancement hub documents the artificial heart, Gene Splicing, Cat Scanners and Liposuction are featured in this article along with pictures and videos.
- Remembering Steve Jobs: Inventor and Innovator
This article is about Apple Computer founder Steve Jobs. He brought us the first wave of personal computers as well as the I pod, I phone and I pad. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are featured in this hub.
- Top 10 Auto Inventions of All Time
This car and truck hub is referring to the best inventions made for cars. Items like the built in camera that shows your rear view, the GPS and the car phone are listed in this blog.
- Lexus Perfection
This article is about the Lexus Car Company. The GS 300 and LS 460 are featured here along with pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog. The Lexus features leather, CD Changers, GPS, and more.
Location of Honda
2013 Honda Accord
© 2013 Buster Johnson