HondaJet was developed from the power of dreams, power that drove innovations in airplane design from thought to drawing board to flight in just 7 years.
True innovation in aviation takes a greater vision, a deeper passion, and an enduring determination to set a better standard in flight.
HondaJet started as an intellectual contemplation and developed into a series of questions: How could a jet could become more elegant, more efficient, more advanced?
Experimentation, exploration, and research follow up – and the HondaJet vision was realized through design innovations.
The realization of a dream is equal parts romance and pragmatism. For every hour spent drawing an elegant wing, equal time is logged in building it.
And so HondaJet is unique not only in its ideation, but in its execution.
- 1997: Drawing of Hondajet.
- 1998: Wind tunnel model.
- 1999: Prototype developed.
- 2000: New research facility for its development.
- 2003: HondaJet undertook its first flight.
- 2005: Showcased at EAA AirVenture.
- 2006: Available for purchase.
- 2007: Honda Aircraft Company broke ground on its world headquarters, research and development facility, and aircraft plant in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Today HondaJet is high up in the skies, an airborne testament to the power of dreams.