- Computers & Software»
- Computer Science & Programming
The Top 5 Challenges That Mobile App Developers Face
You may think that creating a mobile app is the same as creating an app for a desktop. You may think that focusing on “what to do” is enough when creating a mobile app. You may think that the challenges that mobile app developers face are relatively simple. Well, if so, you’re wrong!
Mobile app development is very different from developing an app for a desktop or laptop. Also, it’s important to focus on “what not to do”, rather than on “what to do”. And the challenges faced by mobile app developers are anything but simple. In this article, we’ll talk about the top 5 challenges faced by mobile app developers. So, here goes…
1) Fitting everything into a small screen size: The screen size of a mobile starts at 3 inches and increases from there, whereas the screen size for a desktop usually ranges from 13 to 15 inches. What you see in those 13 inches cannot necessarily be easily placed on a mobile device. So, when creating a mobile app, many developers have included only that which is absolutely necessary in their mobile app. This is often called the minimalist approach.
2) Creating a mobile app that allows for accuracy when users use their fingers to navigate: Most users will use their fingers to navigate, rather than a mouse pointer. This may compromise precision and accuracy. The User Interface (UI) should be designed keeping this in mind. This means that mobile app developers should ensure that the UI displays enlarged interaction points rather than the usual sizes.
3) Keeping memory and storage in mind when coding to create a mobile app: With memory and hard drive space becoming increasingly affordable, memory allocation has now moved to the background where mobile app development is concerned. However, due to their small size, mobile apps do not have a vast amount of memory, battery life and hard drive space. Mobile app developers should constantly keep memory and storage in mind when coding and creating a mobile app.
4) Optimizing layout and flow of the mobile app: Due to the small screen size that they’re playing around with, mobile app developers need to create multiple screens and a navigation system, instead of fitting everything onto a single screen.
5) Providing a superior user experience: If your user experience is not enjoyable and easy, the chances are, your users will never download your app. Also, more importantly, they may talk to others regarding their experience and these word-of-mouth reviews can make or break your mobile app. If you want a user experience for your mobile app like no other, you may have to hire a user experience and interface expert. You can either create your mobile app in-house, or then, hire a mobile app development company that specializes in building user-friendly mobile apps.
So, now you know all about the top 5 challenges faced by mobile app developers. There are several other challenges that mobile app developers face as they embark on their difficult journey to create a cutting-edge and widely-used mobile app.
Do keep these in mind, whether you’re developing a mobile app in-house, or then, outsourcing the mobile app development process to an expert.