Story of Mark Zuckerburg, the inventor of Facebook
Childhood of Zuckerburg
- Zuckerberg was born in a village called White Plains, New York.
- His mother is a psychiatrist. Her name is Karen. And the father is a dentist called Edward. He has three sisters called Randi, Donna, and Arielle. He was brought up in a village called Dobbs Ferry, in New York.
- Zuckerberg was raised Jewish, including becoming a Bar Mitzvah (as their rituals become age of 13) as a child; He entered his middle school.
- Zuckerberg started programming when he was in middle school. His father taught him a basic programming language which is called Atari. This language was a pioneer programming source for most in arcade games, home video game consoles, and home computers in the 1990s.
- Zuckerberg also took a graduate course in the subject at Mercy College nearby his home in the mid 1990s.
- Software developer called David Newman was hired as his tutor in about 1995.
- He enjoyed developing computer programs, especially communication tools and games.
- He studied at Ardsley High School where he excelled in the subjects like languages, literature, philosophy, history, art, archaeology and other culture subjects.
His path to Facebook
- Before transferring in his junior year to Phillips Exeter Academy where he immersed himself in Latin.
- He also designed and programmed a computer application system to help the workers in his father's office communicate. He built a version of the game Risk.
- Under the company name Intelligent Media Group, he was build a music player named as Synapse Media Player that used artificial intelligence to learn the user's listening habits, and it was posted to Slashdot and received a rating of 3 out of 5 from PC Magazine. Microsoft and AOL tried to purchase Synapse and recruit Zuckerberg,
- But instead he went to Harvard College in September 2002 where he studied computer science and joined Alpha Epsilon Pi, a Jewish fraternity. In college, he was known for reciting lines from epic poems such as The Iliad.
- Mark Zuckerberg developed a site named as “thefacebook.com” in 2004 with his college roommates Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. While he dramatically expanded Facebook's ad revenue and reach with his social media advertising platform,
- Zuckerberg has come under fire for failing to balance the privacy concerns of Facebook users with Facebook's business impulse to share personal information with other websites for social media advertising purposes.
And now, Facebook is one of the largest web sites in the world, with more than 500 million monthly users. Since September 2006, anyone over the age of 13 with a valid e-mail address can join Facebook.
Users can add friends and send them messages and even announcements, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves.
- A film
called The Social Network in which Justin Timberlake will star, based on
the founding Facebook, was released in last month, October 2010.
- IN Vanity Fair magazine named Zuckerberg as number 1 on its 2010 list of the Top 100 "most influential people of the Information Age".
- Zuckerberg was ranked number 23 on the Vanity Fair 100 list in 2009. In 2010, Zuckerberg was chosen as number 16 in New Statesman's annual survey of the world's 50 most influential figures.
At a fraternity party during his 2nd year of university, Zuckerberg met Priscilla Chan, who subsequently became his girlfriend in September 2010.
Chan is now a medical student, moved into Zuckerberg's rented Palo Alto house.
As of September 2010, Zuckerberg was studying Mandarin with a tutor in preparation for the couple's slated visit to China and possibly to help in setting up operations in China.
On Zuckerberg's Facebook Fan page, he listed his personal interests as, "openness, making things that help people connect and share what's important to them, revolutions, information flow, minimalism".
Hope this Article would be useful to anyone who finds details about succeeded personalities of our time....!!!