- Internet & the Web
Most popular websites in India - Top 20
As per Alexa statistics following websites are ranked as below in Dec, 2009. There is no requirement of any introduction for many sites which listed below. Descriptions are added to unpopular websites among worldwide web users such as Indiatimes.com which is famous among Indian web users.
4. Orkut.co.in - Orkut is a free-access social network owned and operated by Google. Which is same as "Facebook" or "MySpace", but it is not popular among users in United states. The website is named after its create, Orkut Buyukkokten. 99% of traffic is generated from Indian webusers. This site is ranked as 66th in world ranking.
7. Rediff - Online portal with free email, news, information, entertainment and shopping. Rediff is the only india-based website to appear in first 100 websites. It ranked as 94th in world rannking.
9. Orkut.com - Orkut is a free-access social network owned and operated by Google. Which is same as "Facebook" or "MySpace", but it is not popular among users in United states. But Orkut is famous in Brazil and India. 45% of traffic is generated from Brazil and 40% from India. This site is ranked as 95th in world ranking.The website is named after its create, Orkut Buyukkokten.
10. Indiatimes.com - Internet subsidiary of The Times of India group. This site offers news, sports, cricket, astrology, shopping and travel. 75% of traffic is generated from India and 9% from united states. World rank is 174.
Read more hubs from this writer
12. Windows Live
13. Linkedln - A networking tool to find connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts and business partners. Allows registered users to maintain a list of contact details of people they know and trust in business.
15. Cricinfo - International cricket news, live scores, photos, columns and player profiles. Provides archive scorecards, statistics database, ratings and email newsletter. Part of ESPN International. UK.
16. Microsoft Networks (MSN)
17. IN.com - IN.com gives you a short @in.com email address, and lets you find the best of News, Music, Videos and Games, from more than 16,000 websites.