- Computers & Software
25 Ways to Extend Laptop Battery Life
All laptop users face one problem.The battery going dead while traveling on a plane or attending a meeting where a plug point may not be available for a recharge. . To get the most out of your battery, follow these rules. Here are the best 25 easy ways to extend your laptops battery life.
1. Utilize the software - Both Macs and Windows-based laptops have inbuilt power-management software. You can set it for “power save” mode. It’ll help you to save your batteries life.
2. Run fewer program – You may simultaneously have Photoshop, excel, MS word and more open when all you need is MS word. Quit all the others that you don’t need, especially the DVD.
3. Reduce Screen Brightness – Conversion of electricity to light energy uses power. Reduce your screen brightness to a comfortable minimum.
4. Switch of external devices – Switch off WiFi, Bluetooth, and LAN card if not in use. One of the causes for quick drain of batteries drain is these devices. These devices will quickly drain your charge on laptop’s battery.
5. Reduce attachments – How many USB ports are being used? Unplug all unnecessary attachments. Simultaneously connecting more than one USB device will wipe out your battery. Remove attachments including any mouse and use the touchpad instead.
6. Don’t play games – When laptop’s is on battery don’t play games. Especially larger games. When playing such games on battery use software 3-d analyzer.It’ll help you to play games on reduced graphics, optimum performance and power.
7. Don’t stay Too Long on Laptop – Try to finish your work faster than before. Shut down your laptop to take a nap. Find a charge source immediately.
8. Discharge – With older Nickel-based batteries let it discharge fully at times. And don’t leave lithium-polymer batteries discharged for long periods. It’ll cause damage to the battery or completely fails battery to charge.
9. Defragment the file system – Defragmenting computer frequently will make laptop work faster with efficiency and increase it’s performance. Also with less errors. If you have multiple types of file systems, surely you need to defragment it.
10. Avoid multitasking – Multitasking is doing multiple operations at the same time. Working on so many programs at the same time will significantly consume your laptop’s battery charge. Don’t do multi tasking when your laptop is on battery.
- 5 Best Game Optimizing Softwares for PC
I’m personally using Game booster as my NO.1 game optimizing software. It significantly improved performance of my games such as assassin’s creed: brotherhood and Dirt 2. This software is not only helpful to gamers. It can be used by casual...
11. Close unnecessary Background Program – There is so many applications and processes working on background that is totally unnecessary. if your laptop is on battery. Close these programs immediately. Use task manager to identifies and close these programs. You can use shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Del.
12. Use Correct Amount of Ram – Adding more ram blindly will cause nothing but usage of more energy. More RAM = More ENEGY. Use Ram that ideal for your computer.
13. Turn on Auto power save feature – If your laptop has auto power save feature, turn it on. This inbuilt option is really for power save.
14. Reduce the graphic performance – Adjust the graphics (video card) performance to very low when laptop is on battery. Video card will use more power. If you have any option to turn off the graphics card when not in use, turn it off. It’ll save a significant amount of charge on battery.
15. Turn the HD off – Turn off the HD (High-Definition) off. Avid watching movies and songs too long when your laptop is on battery.
16. Do not Charge Mobile devices – When laptop is on battery don’t charge any mobile devices such as, I- phone, I-pad, mobile phones from your laptop. It will make battery charge drain much faster than before.
17. Buy an Energy efficient laptop – The best way to improve battery life if you still have problems is buy a laptop that is energy efficient with 5-star ratings.
18. Replace with correct battery – When you replace the laptop battery use the correct model that supports your laptop. Don’t buy cheap battery. The cost is not matter. It’s the quality that matters.
19. Use laptop cooler – Using laptop cooler will help to prevent it from overheating. Also clean the air vents for proper air passing.
20. Disable the speakers – Turn off the laptop speaker while it is not in use.
Best Laptops for students
- Best Cheap Laptops for College Students 2016 Under $500
Here i compiled the best laptops which are affordable, cheap and best so far for college students. These are not ordinary list, its handpicked by me
21. Clean the battery – You should clean your laptop’s battery at least once in every 3-month. Make sure to clean the battery contacts.
22. Charge the battery before First use – A new battery is comes in a discharged condition. Before first use make sure to charge it full. For the optimum performance of battery you need to charge and discharge fully at least 5 battery charging and recharging cycles in first month. It’ll vary depending on the battery type.
23. Avoid frequent full charging – Don’t go wild when your laptop loss few power. When laptop is in on condition, it’ll use some power for initial processes.
24. Use faster and efficient Hard disk drives – Use hard disks that are smart efficient and powerful. It’ll make the laptop battery to last longer.
25. Use high capacity battery – use the batteries that have high capacities instead of small capacities. Large capacity battery will last longer than normal battery and it’ll help to work the laptop in any few charge situations.
The best way to keep laptop battery last longer is immediately find a power source and charge the battery. That’s the best and safe way.
- Best Low Profile Graphics Card 2016
Here are the best low profile videocards for every budget whether its home, office, htpc, game..
Some of the above tips may cause your laptop performance such as turning off video card will affect your laptops graphic performance. Proceed with caution