Worst Inventions of All Time
Top Invention Flops
Which is the worst invention of all time?
Ten Worst Inventions Ever
1. New Coke (1985) Do not try to fix it if it's not broken. The New Coke or Coke 2 as it was sometimes referred to as was a lame attempt to change Coca Cola's original flavor. When I was ten years old back in 1988 the teenager across the street from me in Alabama was on a "New Coke" commercial and I will never forget him saying New Coke did not taste well. That was obvious by the sells which were terrible.
2. Stop Eating Face Mask (1982) This anti-eating mask was patented in 1982 and the idea was to make you aware of over indulging. Imagine how crazy this idea is. If a person is hungry all they have to do is unstrap the Mask to eat. This is a prime example of pure greed at its finest. How could a mask influence your eating habits?
3. Hydrogen Blimps (1937) Hydrogen Blimps were replaced with helium after
4. Beta Max (1975) Sony released Betamax to compete with VHS for VCR's which were a big thing before DVD Players came about. What a mistake. Betamax tapes tended to get the tape stuck in the player or unravel even on newer tapes. Hydrogen was attempted to replace helium because it's cheaper but it is also highly flammable.
5. Spray- On Hair (1975) Spray-On hair is a powdery substance that you spray over bald spots on your head. It looked horrible because it was obvious that it was spray on hair in a can especially with black or dark brown hair. You might as well spray your head with spray paint because that's what it looks like anyways. Not to mention this spray hair sticky and hard to wash out if you wanted it shampooed out.
6. Rocket Belt (1960) The Rocket Belt propels the user slowly using very low propulsion power and allows him to hover or fly if you will several feet in the air. It was a great concept but a constant failure for more than seconds at a time and they could not remedy the problem of very short term air travel. This space age type of invention still cannot and has not been accomplished fifty years later.
7. Flying Tanks (1932) The idea is that the tank can fly around shooting and then lose the plane wings when it's grounded for ground war fare. Once again a fantastic idea and theory but it never fully worked therefore it was given up on. Imagination is one thing but action is another thing entirely. This tanks were originally supposed to be up, ready and deployed during WW2 but they could not get the dynamics down pat.
8. Cigarette Holder For Two (1910) Cigarettes and cigars were all the rage in the early 1900's and everyone seemed to be doing it. It seems astounding now to think people would share cigarettes with a holder but anything to make a buck. In defense of this weird contraption it was not known that cigarettes caused cancer in 1919.
9. Shower Hood (1970) The Shower Hood fits around your head and protects the hair from getting wet while taking a shower. Their are newer variations of this idea that work and are on the market but this funny looking contraption looks llie a NASA space mask for an astronaut. The idea is to get wet everywhere except for your head but they were also reported to leak.
10. Parachute Jacket (1912) The German man who invented this device tried to demonstrate it to the world by jumping off the Eiffel Tower but the Chute did not open and he died in front of a huge crowd of spectators watching from the ground below. The jacket was so big and bulky that it would be hard to operate even if it worked properly.
* Let me know what you believe is the worst or dumbest invention ever created by sharing your thoughts in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this article.
Video Game Console Failures
Five More Invention Failures
1. Inflatable Dartboard- What a stupid and blatant attempt at making a profit. Come on I mean an inflatable dartboard. That way you have to purchase an inflatable Dartboard patch kit to fix it.
2. Pedal Powered Wheel Chair- This invention of course never made it out of the laboratory and good thing to because this is one disrespectful invention to say the least.
3. I Phone Fingers- This shameless invention is supposed to prevent I Phones and I Pads from getting smears and smudges on the screens.
4. Solar Powered Flashlights- These flashlights have evolved but the first ones were quite irrelevant because they only worked in the sunlight when they were not even needed.
5. Books on How To Read- Imagine being able to read and reading a book on how to read. What in the world? And if you cannot read then you can't read a book on how to read.
Worst Inventions of All Time
A patent is exclusive rights that have been granted or given to an individual by the governing body of that particular state and country. The inventor or writer must share full disclosure of his or her invention or writings to the public, which in turn gives them limited rights protection.
Spray- On Hair
Inventions Books on Amazon
- Best Medical Inventions of the 1960's
This article documents the best medical inventions of the 1960's. CPR, Mumps and Measles Vaccines, Hip Replacements and the Beta Blocker are listed in this hub. Pictures and videos are here as well.
- Best Electronic Inventions of the 2000's
Smart phones, IPads, Segways and Google Glass are just a few technologies that were invented in the 2000's. Picture, videos, polls and other information are documented in this article.
- Best British Inventions of All Time
The people of England are responsible for several life altering inventions including the Light Bulb, Telephone, Photography and the hip replacement. Pictures, you tube videos and other facts are here.
- Best Inventions of the 1980's
This article is about the top inventions of the 1980's. Microsoft Windows, Space Shuttle, Doppler Radar and Apple Computers are documented in this inventions hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls and commentary are featured in this hub.
- Top 10 Auto Inventions of All Time
This car and truck hub is referring to the best inventions made for cars. Items like the built in camera that shows your rear view, the GPS and the car phone are listed in this blog.
© 2014 Buster Johnson