- Internet & the Web
Top Ten Craziest and Weirdest Things That Ever Sold on eBay
If you read my hub on the "Top Ten Items to Buy on eBay" then you already know I've been a HUGE eBay fan for quite a while.
If your lazy (like me), you can buy just about anything you want, save yourself a trip to the store, and usually find the best deals around.
It's just as easy to Sell your items on eBay, and people sell just about anything you can think of (anything legal that is).
I've seen some CRAZY items for sale over the years on eBay, and in this article I'll showcase my favorite top ten craziest, strangest, and weirdest items ever sold on eBay!
1. Ghost in a Jar. (Header Pic). This jar, which was found in an abandoned cemetery, was sold by the seller who found it so the ghost would stop haunting him! Selling Price -- $55,922...
Do You believe this Jar is haunted?
2. Shooters Window. The actual window and frame allegedly used by Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused shooter of late president John F. Kennedy. Reportedly the most valuable window in the world, this window sold on eBay for over 3 million dollars!
3. The entire town of Bridgetown, California, sold twice in three years on eBay. The asking price? $1,800,000. Ever dream of buying your own town? On eBay you can!
4. A Man's Life!! Ian Usher was so fed up with his life that he decided to sell it on eBay. He sold his car, his house, his job, and introduced the buyer to his friends!
Hey, was it worth it? He pocketed just over $200,000 and got a fresh start!
5. A Corn Flake shaped like the state of Illinois. This one boggles my mind... This one Corn Flake sold for approximately $1350.00 . If Only I had paid attention to my Corn Flakes. Who knows how many "states" I've eatin!
6. The Meaning of Life. Speaking of Life, someone figured it all out and decided to sell his secret on eBay. Unfortunately it only sold for just over $3.00. Do you see how TV distracts us! Why buy the meaning of life when American Idol is On! (Great bargain for the buyer).
7. Haunted Rubber Ducky. The picture speaks for itself. The owner claims his toddler became irate, almost "posessed".....(sound familiar?), and continuously threw this toy ducky across the room.
Fortunately for the seller he was able to sell it off to the next poor soul for over $100.00!
8. Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Don't eat that sandwich!! We can sell it on eBay! And they did, for $28,000.
9. Jesus Toast. The Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese sandwich sparked a phenomenon, Jesus Toast immediately followed and has been sold by hundreds of sellers. Other items included Jesus Toast t-shirts, coffee mugs, and more. The trend became so popular that one ingenious seller has successfully invented and marketed my last item on this list.
10. The Jesus Toaster. For $19.95 you can have Jesus smiling back at you every morning on your breakfast toast. Its actually quite nice, would make for good conversation with dinner guests.