Troubleshooting Coby Kyros Problems
Problems encountered by Coby Kyros tablet users include the device freezing, issues with an AppsLib error appearing, Wi-Fi problems and a host of other issues. Before going to the trouble of exchanging the device or attempting to get in touch with Coby support to work through your issue, try troubleshooting your problem to see if you can save yourself the hassle, and maybe even a few dollars.
Coby Kyros Frozen
A Coby Kyros tablet can become frozen or unresponsive for a number of reasons: the tablet may be experiencing a temporary operating system glitch, the problem may be the result of an app that was not properly installed or not working properly, or the problem may be the result a third-party piece of hardware connected to your device that isn't certified by Coby to work with your device. Try the following solutions to try resolving your problem:
- Straighten out a paper clip and use it to press the "Reset" button on your Coby Kyros tablet. Pressing this button forces all of the applications and processes currently running on the tablet to shut down. Press the "Power" button to turn on the device, and attempt to use it as you normally would.
- Uninstall any apps that were recently installed on your Coby Kyros tablet from the device after forcing the device to restart if you're still experiencing the problem. The problem may stem from apps that were not correctly installed on your tablet.
- Try resetting your Coby Kyros to its factory settings if the problem is recurring and you can't resolve it through other means. You can read more about restoring your Coby Kyros to its factory settings here.
Coby Kyros Touchscreen Problems
Your device may not be frozen but rather not responding properly. Work through the following solutions to try resolving your issue:
- Cases or protective screens can sometimes protect your device so well that you can't even use it. Try taking off the protective screen cover or case, and then try using your device. If the Coby Kyros suddenly works, consider replacing that case or screen cover with a different one, or not using a case or screen cover at all. Always try testing the case or screen cover with your device before you purchase it.
- Make sure your hands are dry. If your hands are wet, the tablet will either inconsistently or not at all.
- Make sure that your hands are free of dirt and that the tablet's screen is clean. Dirt and debris on your hands on the screen can cause the same types of problems you see when you try using the device with wet hands.
- Try restarting the Coby Kyros. Your problem may just be a temporary software glitch. If you begin to experience this problem on a regular basis, follow the link in the Coby Kyros Frozen section to restore your Coby Kyros to its original factory settings.
More Technology Articles!
- How to Use Google Voice for Free Texting on iPhone
Learn how to use Google Voice to send and receive free text messages on your iPhone. You can set your iPhone up to function exactly like the default Messages app on your iPhone.
- Troubleshoot Netflix Problems on Wii
Are you tired of connection problems with Netflix on your Nintendo Wii? Is Netflix content choppy or blurry on the Wii? Check this article to learn how you can troubleshoot your problem to get the best quality streaming Netflix content possible.
Coby Kyros Wi-Fi Problems
There are a few different common problems that Coby Kyros users encounter when trying to use Wi-Fi on their tablet. First, make sure the network security that your wireless network has actually matches the network security that you've associated with the wireless network on the tablet. You can check and change the type of network security associated with the wireless network on your Coby Kyros by doing the following:
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your tablet.
- Tap "Wireless and Network Settings."
- Select "Wi-Fi Settings."
- Hold your finger against the name of the wireless network you want to check the network security settings for.
- Enter the wireless network password if prompted. At the next screen you'll be able to check, and if necessary change, the network security associated with the wireless network.
If you're able to successfully connect to a Wi-Fi network but your connection vanishes suddenly in the middle of a browsing session, try restarting your device; the problem may just be a network or system glitch. Alternatively, try resetting the wireless router by disconnecting its power cable for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in and powering the wireless router back on. Finally, try restoring your device to its factory settings, as outlined through the link in the Coby Kyros Frozen section.
Coby Kyros YouTube Video Problem
If the settings on your Coby Kyros aren't ideal, you will hear audio when you play a YouTube video but you won't be able to see any video. Do the following to resolve this problem:
- Open the tablet's Settings menu and then tap "Sound and Display."
- Tap "Output" and then tap "None."
- Restart your Coby Kyros tablet. This problem should now be resolved.
AppsLib, Server Error
If a message appears on your Coby Kyros screen that says "AppsLib, Server Error," you haven't set the date up on the device yet. You can set up the date on the device by doing the following:
- Navigate to the tablet's Settings menu.
- Tap "Date and Time."
- Tap "Set Date." Enter the current date and then save your changes. This error should no longer appear.