- Audio & Video
Troubleshooting JBL Flip 3 Problems
The JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker is a splashproof device that can add some much-needed pop to audio played from connected devices. The devices comes in a wide array of colors, and also gives you the ability to receive and make phone calls through your connected device directly from the speaker. Common problems with the JBL Flip 3 speaker can include a lack of responsiveness, pairing problems, water issues, and more. Use troubleshooting to try solving the problem on your own before reaching out for professional help.
Pairing JBL Flip 3
If you haven't previously paired the JBL Flip 3 speaker with another Bluetooth device, the device will start up in pairing mode whenever its on until you do. Alternatively, if someone else previously paired the speaker with another device and you'd like to pair it with another device, hold down the "Bluetooth" button on your JBL speaker. The button can be found on the row of icons in the center of the speaker. After roughly three seconds, the button will turn blue and start blinking. Ensure that the device you want to pair with your Bluetooth speaker is within roughly 15 feet of the speaker, and then open up the list of available Bluetooth devices you can connect to. Choose "FLIP3" to connect the two devices.
JBL Flip 3 Not Responding
- The JBL Flip 3 speaker may be low on power. Connect the device to a charger to see if that causes it to become responsive.
- If that doesn't resolve the issue, try restoring the Bluetooth speaker to the default factory settings. You can perform the reset by holding down the "Volume +" and "Phone" buttons for roughly five seconds while the device is charging. If the device does reset and reboot, you'll need to reconnect it to any previously connected devices.
Rate the JBL Flip 3
Update JBL Flip 3 Software
Updating the JBL Flip 3 to the latest version can not only add functionality and make it possible for the speaker to work with other devices, but it can shore up problems that were discovered after the device was rolled out. You can update your Bluetooth speaker by doing the following:
- Download the JBL Connect app on your device from your device's App Store.
- Ensure that your JBL Flip 3 is currently connected to your device, and then launch the JBL Connect app. The app will look for connected JBL devices, and should detect your connected speaker.
- A message will appear if an update is available. Tap "OK" to accept the update and launch the update process.
- A message will appear when the update is complete.
How to Take Apart JBL Flip 3
The JBL Connect app lets you download and install updates to your Bluetooth speaker, and also gives you some degree of control over the speaker from a smart device. When attempting to use the JBL Connect app, some older devices may display a BLE error. This error appears if the smart device you're using doesn't support Bluetooth Low Energy functionality. As a result, you won't be able to use the JBL Connect app with that smart device.
JBL Flip 3 Water Problems
The JBL Flip 3 is splashproof, but it is not water resistant. As a result, the device can be exposed to rain, sit in a steamy bathroom while you take a shower, or even have a steady stream of water gently run over it. However, the device is not meant to be fully submerged or have intense water pressure applied to it. If you're experiencing problems with your JBL Flip 3, such as charging issues, buttons not responding, or Bluetooth connection problems and your device has recently undergone excessive water exposure, that may be the source of your problem.
© 2016 Max Dalton