Troubleshooting Vizio VBR133 Blu-Ray Player Problems
Common problems with the Vizio VBR133 3D Blu-ray player include Internet apps not working, the picture not being output in 3D, the player not connecting to the Internet and more. Drill down to the heart of your problem using troubleshooting and take a stab at resolving your problems on your own before looking into returning the device to the manufacturer for repairs.
Vizio VBR133 Remote Control Not Working
- The batteries in the VBR133 Blu-ray player may be completely depleted and need to be replaced. Try replacing the batteries to see if that resolves your problem.
- Make sure there are no objects between the front end of the remote control that came with the VBR133 and the Blu-ray player, and especially that there are no objects covering the front part of the remote control, as that's where the sensor is located. Also, it doesn't have to be large objects, small, common objects such as chairs, footstools, coffee tables and even people can also prevent the signal being sent by the remote from making its way to the Blu-ray player.
- If you notice a red circle with a line through it in the upper-right corner of the monitor the VBR133 is outputting to, then you're telling the Blu-ray player to execute a command that it's not capable of executing with the disc that's currently in the player, if there is a disc in the player.
Content Not Outputting in 3D
- You have to be using 3D glasses that are built to work with your TV. Check the specifications that came with the 3D glasses; if they aren't compatible with your TV, you'll need to get 3D glasses that are before you can watch content in 3D.
- You may be using a standard HDMI cable, which isn't high speed and won't output the contents of your Blu-ray disc in 3D. Try using a high-speed HDMI cable to see if that resolves your problem.
- You may be using a 3D TV but you may not have 3D enabled. Checking the 3D settings on your TV to make sure 3D mode is enabled.
More Technology Articles!
- How to Update Vizio Blu-Ray Firmware
Updating your Vizio Blu-ray player's firmware is one of the easiest ways you can try to resolve problems you're having with your device. This article explains how to update your player's firmware in a matter of minutes.
- How to Improve Your Wireless Signal
Is your wireless signal constantly weak and doesn't reach as far as you feel like it should? Read this article to find out several things you can do to improve your wireless signal.
VBR133 Won't Connect to Wi-Fi
- Make sure you're entering the correct password. Take care to make sure the letter casing is correct and the caps lock isn't turned on if it shouldn't be.
- Reset the wireless router in case there's a problem with it. You can do this by disconnecting the power cable from the wireless router and then waiting for 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cable to the wireless router and then wait five minutes to ensure the wireless router is fully powered back on. Try connecting your Vizio VBR133 Blu-ray player to the Wi-Fi again.
- Alternatively, if the Blu-ray player is connected to the Internet using an Ethernet cable, check the Ethernet cable for physical damage, such as cuts or loose connectors on the ends of the cable. If the cable is damaged, try using a different one to see if that resolves your problem.
Internet Apps Problems
If you're experiencing problems with the Internet apps that come pre-installed, such as Netflix, Vudu or Pandora, check the website belonging to the company operating the app to see if the service is down or if there is a way you can contact the company to ask about the issue. Alternatively, try restarting the Vizio VBR133 Blu-ray player to see if that resolves the issue.