Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830 Upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Galaxy AceClick thumbnail to view full-size
Galaxy Ace Jelly Bean
Have you installed a custom ROM before?
Rooting Your Phone and about the Jelly Bean ROM
Wanna get the Jelly Bean update for your Galaxy Ace? Then read on..
As you all probably know there is no Jelly Bean update for your Galaxy Ace..
The Gingerbread update that you got about a year or so back, well that's the last official update that there is for the Galaxy Ace..
So what do you do? Well it's quite simple...Root your Galaxy Ace now!!
Rooting your phone may seem like a scary thing to do at first, but trust me once you've rooted your phone, you'll be online practically every month hunting for a new and more amazing ROM and trust me if you have a Galaxy Ace, then your lucky cause there are hundreds of custom ROM's out there for you to try out...
Flashing your phone with a new ROM is addictive...trust me :P
Well back to the Jelly Bean ROM..
Click on the following link to learn how to root your Galaxy Ace in order to install Jelly Bean on it:
Now about the Jelly Bean ROM that I've selected for your Galaxy Ace s5830..I have personally used this ROM and it is amazing..
The thing I like about this ROM is that not only is it Jelly Bean , but it's also a combination of the top three ROM's out there with amazing features..
i.e Paranoid Android, AOKP and Cyanogen Mod 10, that's right Cyanogen Mod 10 without any glitches that I came across...Cyanogen fans will know that Cyanogen Mod 7 is the last official stable version out for the Galaxy Ace but trust me this is stable...I've used it personally and checked it..
In order to help people to choose between the three separate ROM's the developer of this ROM combined all three and came up with a Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Ace called PAC.
You can now enjoy all three ROM's without the hassle of flashing all the time..
ClockWorkMod RecoveryClick thumbnail to view full-size
Now, follow these instructions to install (flash) the Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy Ace:
Before you start with the installation..
- Your phone has to be rooted! To root your phone follow the instructions on my blog that I've linked above or you can check it out on my profile.. I ain't gonna put in all the deatails here as most of you probably already have rooted phones.
- Next, you need to install ClockWordMod (CWM) recovery..This is a recovery that will replace the original stock one from your phone...Once again you can do this by following the instructions from my blog...This recovery will allow you to install the ROM straight from your SD card itself..
- This is an important part now, charge to phone battery to at least 75% or more..
- Now download the PAC .zip file from here: PAC
- Place it in your SD Card and you're good to go..
- Please backup all your data and SD card contents.
- You may now continue..
PACClick thumbnail to view full-size
Flashing the Jelly Bean ROM
Instructions for flashing for Galaxy Ace with a custom ROM:
- Reboot your phone in recovery i.e into CWM Recovery by pressing the home and power buttons till your phone has started into the recovery mode..
- Now using your volume keys scroll down to wipe data/factory reset
- Select it by pressingby pressing the middle button on your phone
- Scroll down again and confirm it..
- Now come back to the main screen by using the back key, most likely it will come back by itself..
- Follow the same procedure and wipe the cache partition
- Now go back on the main screen, go to advanced and wipe the dalvik cache partition..
- Now go back to the main screen and select install zip from SD card and then install zip from SD card
- Now scroll down, find the .zip file and select it..
- Confirm by yes..
- It should take a few minutes to install the ROM
- Once you're done go back to the main screen and select reboot phone..
- You are now done!!
The first reboot will take a few extra minutes always for any ROM, so relax and don't get tensed if you feel it's taking time..
Once your phone has rebooted, go through the settings and enjoy exploring you all new Galaxy Ace with Jelly Bean...
You can do practically anything you want with your phone..It's entirely customizable!
This Jelly Bean ROM has practically all the features of Jelly Bean plus a whole lot more since it's a custom ROM..
For any clarifications, details and well anything, leave a comment in the comments section and I'l get back to you immediately..
How's the ROM?
Did you know you can unroot your Android Phone as easily as you can root it?
Well, you can.. So no more worries about your warranty getting voided...
Click here to read more about it:
Got an iPhone that needs Jail Breaking?
- Jailbreak an Iphone
how to jailbreak an iphone using redsn0w .. what is the difference between a tethered and an untethered jailbreak .. links to download iphone firmware... links to download redsn0w..
Read more about Android:
- Why You Should Check Out Google's Moto G
A low cost Android Smartphone developed by Google owned Motorola, the Moto G comes with pure Android just like the Nexus and will get the 4.4 Kitkat update in a few weeks.
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 vs Samsung Galaxy s3
A comparison between two amazing smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and the Samsung Galaxy s3. These smartphones have a very little price difference but vary in a couple of features they possess.
- How to Root the Galaxy Ace s5830
Wanna get the best outta your Galaxy Ace s5830? Well rooting it is the way to go..Speed up your Galaxy Ace and increase it battery life as well. Get additional features you never thought existed too..
- How to Get the Best Outta Your Galaxy Ace S5830
Samsung Galaxy Ace...a mid range android smartphone that never fails to impress...i.e after installing these rooted apps...
- How to Flash a Custom ROM on an Android Smart Phone
As we all know, to get the best outta your Android Phone the only way to go is custom ROM's..Wanna know how to flash or install a custom ROM? then read ahead...
PACClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2013 Paiva