Vizio E3D320VX, E3D420VX or E3D470VX 3D LCD TV Troubleshooting
- Remove high-power electrical devices from near your Vizio 3D LCD TV, such as lamps and power tools. Also, remove devices that send and receive a signal, such as radios and cell phones.
- Change your Vizio TV's aspect ratio for the source you're watching. You can change the aspect ratio by doing the following:
- Press "Menu" on the remote control that came with the Vizio 3D LCD TV.
- Highlight "Wide" using the arrow buttons on the remote and then press "OK."
- Select the aspect ratio you want to use and then press "OK." Available aspect ratios include Wide, Zoom, Normal, Panoramic and Stretch. Wide mode takes image and stretches it so that it touches each edge of the screen. However, Wide mode doesn't make a standard 4:3 picture widescreen or vice versa. Zoom mode takes a picture being displayed in widescreen format and expands it so that the picture fills the entire screen. Normal displays the picture in its native resolution. Panoramic mode stretches an image so that it feels the screen. The outer edges of the picture are more stretched than the inner part of the picture, which creates the panoramic effect. Stretch mode stretches any image so that it fills the screen.
- If the display is distorted when trying to view content from an external device, make sure the video cables connecting that device to the Vizio 3D LCD TV are firmly connected. Also, check that the parts of the connector are not bent, missing or damaged in any way, and that the cable is not damaged or frayed. If there are any problems with the cable, replace the cable to see if that resolves your problem. Also, try changing the video output settings on your external device to see if different output settings display better on your Vizio 3D LCD TV.
Laptop PC Problems
- A connected computer may not display if your computer's external monitor settings aren't set up to display on a connected external monitor. Do the following to change your Windows 7 computer's external monitor settings:
- Press the "Windows" and "P" buttons simultaneously to open the external monitor dialog box.
- Select either "Duplicate," "Extend" or "Projector Only." Duplicate displays your primary screen on both displays; Extend lets you use your Vizio 3D LCD TV as an additional work area; and "Projector Only" displays your computer's display on your Vizio 3D LCD TV only. If your computer's external monitor settings are set to Computer Only the computer's display will only display on your computer.
- Change your laptop's output resolution after adjusting the external monitor settings if the the laptop's display appears distorted on your Vizio 3D LCD TV or if the laptop's display is still not appearing. You can change the resolution on your Windows 7 computer by doing the following:
- Right-click an empty area on the Windows 7 desktop to open a context menu.
- Click "Screen Resolution."
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of Resolution.
- Click the slider and move it to change the laptop's output resolution. Drag the slider to change the resolution to 1920 by 1080.
- Click "Apply" and then click "OK."
- If the laptop's outputted display is no longer distorted but still doesn't cover the entire screen, change the screen size by doing the following:
- Press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
- Highlight "Picture Settings" and then press "OK."
- Highlight "More" and then press "OK."
- Highlight "Size and Position" and then press "OK."
- Highlight the various horizontal and vertical positions to adjust how your laptop's outputted display fits your screen.
Sound Levels and Aspect Ratio Change When Switching Inputs
This is normal. The Vizio E3D320VX, E3D420VX and E3D470VX model 3D LCD TVs remembers the most recent volume and aspect ratio settings for each input. As a result, whenever you switch to a different input and the TV sounds louder or quieter than you expected or an input doesn't have the same aspect ratio as the previous input, these settings may be different. This can't be changed.
- If you attempt to watch 3D content while the TV is in 3D mode and aren't wearing 3D glasses built to work with Vizio E3D320VX, E3D420VX and E3D470VX model 3D LCD TVs, the image won't appear clear. You can adjust 3D mode on the Vizio TV by doing the following:
- Press "Menu" on the remote control.
- Highlight "3D" and then press "OK."
- If you're no longer watching 3D content, select "2D." However, if you're watching 3D content, select "3D."
- If you selected 3D, choose either "Side-by-Side 3D (SBS)," "Top/Bottom 3D (TB)" or "Sensio 3D." Check the specifications on the 3D content you're watching to see what 3D mode the content works best with and then use that setting for the best viewing experience.
- If the 3D picture looks distorted, ensure that you're sitting directly in alignment with the TV. The proper viewing distance when watching 3D content on a 32-inch TV is 5 ft., the proper viewing distance when watching 3D content on a 42-inch TV is 6.5 ft., and the proper viewing distance when watching 3D content on a 47-inch TV is 7.5 ft.
- 3D glasses vary in quality. Vizio E3D320VX, E3D420VX and E3D470VX model 3D LCD TVs come with one pair of standard quality 3D glasses and one pair of high-quality 3D glasses. For the best 3D picture quality, use a higher-quality pair of 3D glasses.