- Audio & Video
Vizio TV Picture-in-Picture Setup and Troubleshooting
Turn On Picture-in-Picture (PIP)
- Press "Menu" on the remote control that came with your Vizio TV.
- Highlight "PIP" in the main menu that appears on the Vizio TV's screen using the arrow buttons on the remote control and then press "OK."
- Select "PIP Mode" using the remote's arrow buttons and then press "OK" to open the PIP Controls menu.
- Highlight "PIP" if you want to display a picture within a picture, or highlight "POP" to display two pictures side by side. Press "OK" after making your selection. If you select POP, you won't have any control over the size of the images and how they are positioned and you can go ahead and press "Exit" to save your changes and exit the main menu.
- Highlight "Position" using the remote's arrow buttons and then press the left- and right-pointing arrows to adjust the position of the PIP box on the scree. Your options are Top Right, Bottom Right, Top Left and Bottom Right.
- Highlight "Size" after adjusting the position of your PIP box and then press the left- and right-pointing arrow buttons on the remote control to adjust the size of the picture. Your options for the picture size are Small, Medium and Large.
- Highlight "Audio" after adjusting your PIP window's size and then press the left- and right-pointing arrow buttons on the remote control to adjust which window you are hearing the audio from, the Main picture window or the PIP picture window.
- Press "Exit" to save your changes and close the onscreen menu. If you are using a POP picture, you can switch which window you are hearing the audio from using the left- and right-pointing arrow buttons on the remote control. Alternatively, to switch which window you are hearing the audio from using PIP windows, you'll need to navigate back to the PIP Audio part of the Vizio TV's main menu and make your changes there.
More Technology Articles!
- Troubleshooting Kindle Fire Problems
Common problems with the Kindle Fire include a frozen screen, difficulties receiving converted files, issues with your computer recognizing the device and battery problems. Read this article to learn how to try resolving these problems on your own.
- How to Update Vizio Blu-Ray Firmware
Updating your Vizio Blu-ray player's firmware is one of the easiest ways you can try to resolve problems you're having with your device. This article explains how to update your player's firmware in a matter of minutes.
Troubleshooting Vizio TV PIP
Some Vizio TV inputs are not capable of being on the screen at the same time using the TV's PIP functionality:
- The coaxial input can't be displayed with the composite input, but it can be displayed with component, HDMI and RGB (PC) inputs;
- The composite inputs can't be displayed with the coaxial input, but it can be displayed with the component, HDMI and RGB (PC) inputs;
- The component inputs can't be displayed with RGB (PC) inputs, but it can be displayed with coaxial, composite and HDMI inputs;
- HDMI inputs can be displayed with all inputs; and
- RGB (PC) inputs can't be displayed with component inputs, but can be displayed with coaxial, composite and HDMI inputs.
Inputs not compatible with the inputs being displayed in the main picture window won't be available as you scroll through the inputs in the PIP or POP window.
If you're not hearing audio from your PIP window, take the following into consideration:
- If the audio in the main window is muted and you switch to the PIP or POP window, the audio will be muted there as well and you'll need to un-mute the Vizio TV. Also, make sure the device you are watching isn't muted and that the audio cable are correctly connected to the TV.
- Don't forget that you can't switch between the main window and the PIP window as easily as you can when you are using POP. You must change the audio through the Vizio TV's main menu.
The picture may look distorted if you're using the POP feature as a result of the Vizio TV's aspect ratio. You can change the aspect ratio by either pressing the "Aspect" button on the remote control or through the Vizio TV's main menu. You can get to the Aspect Ratio part of the main menu doing the following:
- Press "Menu."
- Select "Wide" and then press "OK."
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote control to select either Wide, Zoom, Normal or Stretch. Try different aspect ratios to see which one works best.