- Computers & Software»
- Computer Software»
- Office Software Suites»
- Microsoft Office
What is Excel and Its Various Features?
Excel and Its Various Features
Excel is an Microsoft office application that is mainly used for making calculations and mathematical works.
- It is a spreadsheet application in which we can add sheets as per our requirements. In a single sheet, it consists of rows and columns and cells, where every cell has different address.
- Sum, product, subtraction, division and many mathematical, logical functions are available within it.
- Other features include tables, charts, clip art and more.
- It is basically used for payroll, accounts, mathematical, and for other business purposes. See below for details.
- Hyperlink. We can link one file to another file or page.
- Clip art. We can add images and also audio and video clips.
- Charts. With charts, we can clearly show a product(s) evaluation to a client. For example, you can display a chart showing which product is selling more or less by month, week, and so forth.
- Tables. Tables are created with different fields (e.g. name, age, address, roll number, and so forth). You can add a table to fill these values.
- Functions. There are both mathematical functions (add, subtract, divide, multiply), and logical ones (average, sum, mod, product).
- Images and backgrounds. You can incorporate images and backgrounds into each sheet.
- Macros. Macros are used for recording events for future use.
- Database: With the data feature, you can add any database from other sources to it.
- Sorting and filtering. We can sort and/or filter our data so that anything redundant or repetitive can be removed more easily.
- Data validations. This tool can help you consolidate your data.
- Grouping. The grouping feature helps you both to group your data and ungroup it so that you have subtotals and so forth.
- Page layout. Themes, colors, sheets, margins, size, backgrounds, breaks, print, titles, sheets height, width, scaling, grids, headings, views, bring to front of font or back alignment, and many more are available for you to lay out your page.