- Internet & the Web
What to do if there is a sudden drop in traffic to your site? How I gained back lost traffic to my website
Loss of traffic to the site means your pages are given lower rank by the search engines. Hence when people search for something, they will no more see your site in the Google search results.
Loss in traffic to the site can be mainly due to three reasons:
1. Error in Google algorithm and falsely blacklisted your website
2. Your have not followed the terms and conditions of Google Adsense (eg. key word stuffing)
3. Create website just to funnel traffic to one site. It is called doorway pages. You can read more about this here
What to do to gain back traffic?
1. Remove pages/sites that are no more relevant. For instance, it is meaningless to keep the page about 'Best Mutual Fund to invest for 2009'.
2. Look back at your site and check if you have written any sites with stuffed keywords.
Do you know what is keyword stuffing? Here is an example
"If you’re planning to buy running shoes, you’ve come to the right website. Our site is the best place in the web to buy running shoes. You won’t find anywhere else better running shoes or cheaper running shoes. We would like to invite you to check out our great selection of running shoes.If you are not satisfied, we give you full money back guarantee for the running shoes "
Here are more examples
3. If you are now sure that all your site pages are of high quality, then you can resubmit your site to Google. Here is how:
:) Link your site to Google webmaster tools. It gives you a better understanding of Google's view of your site and diagnosing problems
:) File a 'reconsideration of your site request' to Google here
How to link your site to webmaster tools?
2. Add your site
3. Click continue
4. Click Verify
5. Your account will take a few days to gather data
6. Come after few days and you are done
- How to improve website SEO ranking in Google search engine. Increase Google page ranking for your we
Now Google pays very close attention to the quality of the sites it lists in search results. Low quality content sites are removed entirely from the Google index. Google has also manual spam action. If a site has been affected by a spam action, it wi