Which is Best: Gmail(Googlemail), Hotmail(Outlook) or Yahoo Mail?
Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo mail, which is the better free email?
Which email services are you using now? Are you going to find a better (free) email service? Anyway, you will find the polls of this article are very helpful. Welcome to give us your votes and leave your precious comments. <3
In this article, let us have a full analysis about which one is the better free email service among GOY(Google Gmail, Outlook/Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail)
Your Votes Count.
With more than 3000 votes, Gmail is the final winner.
There are more than 3000 visitors have given their votes to determine which is the best free email service. The result shows that Google Gmail is the most popular, the second one is Microsoft Hotmail(outlook.live.com) better than Yahoo! Mail.
The More Votes, The Better Answers. And welcome to share this article with your friends to get more people give their votes.
Which free email service you prefer most?
LET'S FINED THE ANSWER!
According to this poll with more than 3300 votes, I probably can tell you that Gmail is the better free email among Gmail, Hotmail(Outlook mail) and Yahoo mail.
How many email accounts do you have?
ALTERNATIVES: If you are looking for some good free alternatives of Gmail, Outlook mail and Yahoo mail, come to this page to know the list of all the top popular free email services of the Internet.
In this article, I want to have a talk about free email services.
Part 1, A Brief History of Email
Part 2, The Top 3 Free Email Service
Part 3, Which Is The Better
A brief introduction of email?---"Email" is an abbreviation for “electronic mail,” which refers to sending, receiving or storing messages electronically online. Email was invented by a computer engineer named Ray Tomlinson in 1971, and the first message sent by email was between two computers sitting beside each other.
Email is a method of communicating on the Internet. Nowadays it has gained nearly universal popularity around the world. Mostly, it has become the preferred method for both personal and business communications.
The 3 most popular free email services of the internet world: Nowadays, there are many different free email services provided by many different Internet companies. Among them, Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo are the top three used by most people.
Google Gmail: Gmail, also known as “Google mail”, is Google’s web-based email service, which was first launched in April 2004 as an invitation-only service before becoming available to the general public in February 2007. Gmail is not just simple but very smart. It's interface lets you find mail precisely and see it in context without effort.
With Gmail's inbox, your emails will be smartly put in order and remind you in case you forget to do something important.
In recent years, Google has increased its free storage to more than 10 GB. Beside sending and receiving emails, you can have a video chat with a friend or give someone a call through Google Voice. Also, you can log in to other awesome products with your account.
Hotmail (Outlook.com) from Microsoft: Windows Live Hotmail (or Outlook.com) is a free email service from Microsoft, as part of Windows Live. It was one of the first web-based email services founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith and launched in July 1996 as “HoTMaiL.” Windows Live Hotmail is the largest web-based email service with 364 million members worldwide according to a survey by comScore. Windows Live Hotmail helps you find and organize mail swiftly and lets you send files up to 10 GB per email. The storage of Hotmail/Outlook is now unlimited.
Yahoo! Mail: As a very important part of the Yahoo! company, Yahoo! Mail was one of the earliest Internet enterprises engaged in the electronic mail services. Since 1996, Yahoo has provided users with free email services on a global scale, now with unlimited storage. Yahoo! Mail integrates email, instant messaging, social networks and SMS text messaging.
How to disable ads of Google Gmail: according to the polls in this articles, that Gmail is the best free email service, but many people dislike the ads. To disable them, use Chrome as your primary web browser, then add the AdBlock extension, which really works magically.
Which is the Safest?
which is the safer/safest free email service among Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail?
Why Is Gmail Better?
Why Google Gmail Is the Best Free Email Service?
Google Gmail does focus on customers experience.
You should know why now outlook/Hotmail and yahoo give you free large email space---before Gmail was introduced to us, these two provided free email service with only 2-4 MB, compared with Gmail, Gmail offered 1000 MB at its beginning.
Right that people on Quora say Google does focus on customers, while, Microsoft (or Yahoo) only focuses on business (money). That is the difference between Gmail and the other two.
POP and IMAP of Googlemail
The market shares of GOY
The Market Shares of Goggle Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook and Yahoo mail
There are more than 2000 visitors have gave their votes on which is the best FREE INTERNATIONAL email service, so we can have a estimate on the GOY(Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo mail) market shares. Gmail's market share is around 40%, Outlook/Hotmail around 20%, Yahoo mail 20% but less than Outlook.
The new email protocol: Simple Mail based on SMTP STS (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Strict Transport Security)
Not just competitors, the GOY are also collaborators. It is said that Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Comcast are working to create a new email protocol---SMTP STS, because that the SMTP never is a safe protocol, easily hacked.
The Comparison Analysis of Gmail vs. Hotmail vs. Yahoo! Mail: Let us compare these services with each other. What are the advantages of each?
Gmail vs. Hotmail vs. Yahoo!:
The advantages and functions of Google Gmail, why Gmail is the best one:
- Different interface forms when you log in your Gmail account: a standard view, a basic HTML view and a mobile phone view.
- Gmail supports both SMTP and POP3 service, while Hotmail/Outlook and Yahoo! don't.
- Large storage. Google provides more than 10 GB free storage to users, which leads to storage wars with its competitors.
- Gmail alias: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org, which is the most powerful and magical, the other email providers have to hand over their arms and surrender...
- Undo the email you send. Sometimes, after our sending a email to somebody, we wish we could git it back ;-) Gmail can do it for us. Go to Settings > General > Undo Send, we could undo the email you send within 30 seconds after our sending it.
- Labels and Stars. Labels and Stars will help you to better manage the emails in your account.
- Zen your inbox. Archive every email in your inbox, make it clear, zero your inbox.
The only one disadvantage of Gmail is that Google displays Adsense advertisements, but the others also show ads. While, at the other hand, we can block the ads just by using Adblock extension.
The advantages of Hotmail/Outlook:
- Drafts preview. With Hotmail, you can save your drafts and preview them with a new version, which really is a bright spot.
- Windows Live Hotmail Alias. You can create alias for your windows Hotmail account, which is very helpful.
- Microsoft outlook client. Of course, outlook email client is firstly designed for Windows Live Hotmail, no reasons.
The advantages of Yahoo mail:
- Create new folders. With Yahoo mail, you can create new file folders.
- "Yahoo" is a better name compared with the other two ;)
- Yahoo! mail Aliases. Like outlook mail, you can mask your Yahoo! ID in places like Yahoo! Messenger by creating aliases for your yahoo account.
Why do companies provide free email services?
- By providing free services, the companies want to attract more people to use their business services, so they can benefit through ads online.
- Email service, as a kind of basic service, can derive more business value.
Among Google Gmail, Yahoo mail and Hotmail(outlook), which one is your primary email choice?
What Do You Think About Paid Services?
yes, every vote counts!
It's your choice
So, which is the best? I'm not sure. Perhaps the result of the polls on this page will be the answer you want. You are very welcome to share your comment about which one you prefer.
© 2013 ehonhdouzi