How to partition a Hard Drive in Windows XP/Windows 7
How to partition a hard drive in windows
Partitioning a hard drive in windows XP and windows 7 is now very simple and easy if you use Easeus Partition Manager.
Why use Easeus? Well for one, it is the best free partitioning software available and even has extra features that most paid manager don't have. It is also safer because it utilizes a backup tool in case anything goes wrong while partitioning. In this tutorial i will show you how to partition your hard drive using Easeus Partition Manager.
First you need to download Easus Partition Master Home Edition from Here and install it. Easus also has other great software, though they aren't free, they are still good tools and most are worth the money, so check out their site at http://www.easeus.com/.
1. Open partition manager and look for your drive letter. Next to it should you should see a purple box labeled NTSC.
2. Right click on the NTSC label and select resize/move partition. This option is also available in the sidebar and at the top of the manager, after the drive is selected.
Other Helpful Articles
- How to check CPU temperature
How to check CPU temperature for any computer.
- How to Speed Windows XP Up
How to Speed Windows XP Up. Is you PC moving extremely slow? Is it taking forever to open even frequently used files? Is it constantly freezing and forcing you to restart your PC in order to restore normal operation? Those problems are...
3. Now decrease the size of your hard drive partition by using the slide at the top of the window, or the down arrow next to the label: 'partition size'. Do not use all the space available for the current operating system in case you want to revert to that OS or add programs. If you are installing windows decrease partition until the unallocated space is about 4 GB (gigabytes) or more. The more you increase the unallocated space the less limited your new partition will be, but of course your original OS will be more limited.
4. Lastly select apply at the top of the GUI (Graphic user interface) of the partition manager and it will prompt the screen below, click yes and your computer should restart, or you may restart it manually.
After the computer has restarted, before you OS boots, Easus partition manager will appear and start to create the partition you suggested. DO NOT TURN OFF COMPUTER OR INTERFERE with this process.
When it is finished, your computer will restart again and you may take a look at the partition manager interface from your OS, and see that your unallocated space has increased. This space is what you should select when installing another OS. The number of operating systems that can be installed on your computer is limited to the amount of space available on your hard drive. Most computers, after you install more than one OS, will automatically show you a dual boot option. This will appear when the computer is turned on.
If not, it is possible that your computer doesn't support it. If i missed anything important or you have any questions please add it to the comments below. I will reply as soon as possible.
Now you know how to partition a hard drive in windows xp and windows 7, the easy or should say 'easeus' way!