Yahoo Mail Crash! "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
The Sky Is Falling! Oh, wait, it's just an email error...
Mg 1001 mail yahoo launch? Mg 25 mail yahoo launch? What the hell? So, like every good tech savvy human I keep trying, and the server keeps failing so I try again, and it fails again, etc., etc., etc... Now, the only logical response, get mad at my computer because after all it has caused this troubling condition! Oh, wait, it's just an email error! Mg 1001 mail yahoo launch? Thank goodness. But, wait, I have to send this message, I need to check my account, I have to confirm billing, I can't check my paypal status....and, "oh my God of God's, I can't forward the latest chain letter I got from my friend within 8 minutes!"
August 26th, 2010 the techno-sky fell as yahoo mail experienced a wallop of a launching error. It was apparent that the server had encountered some sort of glitch (not a Money Glitch ). many had reported as early as April this year that Internet explorer had some issues with the new yahoo mail. Today is the first I had personally experienced it. It has been hours and still no email,...kinda makes me want to enjoy a moment away from the screen and a nice cool Grey Goose martini! Cheers!
As I check the sprawl of comments on the Yahoo Answers page it would seem that the "sky is falling" knee-jerk response has been enacted. The thread is going something like this;
Yahoo Email Crash User Written Responses...
(I have made no spelling corrections to the remarks, they appear just as they do on the page)
- "same here. it's bullshit I need to confirm a order i made. swich all my emails to gmail..."
- "It is probably a temp glitch with yahoo.. I get the same error..."
- "OMG THIS IS BS! I NEED TO SEE WAT STARTEK SAID ABOUT MY JOB!"
- "I can get into my account, there are a error MG 101"
- "How can the link into our email accounts be broken? This is crazy."
- "I guess it's not just me. God dammit, I have documents that need to be sent off ASAP. They better get that broken link fixed. Shouldn't be that hard."
- "Same here. This sucks, I really need to get on!!"
- "So it has been down over 25 minutes? What's the deal?"help.. I cant get to my mail...."
- "This is seriously not a good thing. Yahoo should have taken care of this on their time, they are probably doing something with the server but not in the middle of the day....Common!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
What You Think Really Does Matter!
Do you panic when your email site goes down?
- "Same with me. I need to see what my password and user id is for ebay, but every-******'-time i click on yahoo mail, it keeps ****** sayin', "Oops! This link appears to be broken!" HOW THE F... CAN IT B BROKEN. WELL IF ITS BROKEN THEN FIX IT DAMMIT..."
- "yea.. this really sucks u know.. yahoo should be ashamed u have millions of ppl needing to use their account and basically holding up some type of process for not just 1 person but for EVERYONE!! Great Job YAHOO!!"
- "Yea, I keep getting that too. It sucks and I need to read my messages!!!"
- "nu pot intra in mail, de ce?"
- "I can't access my account either I need to confirm some orders I have."
- "its another stupid glitch. it might start running either later tonight or tomorrow. that's when i think it will start working."
The best response I found to the "sky is falling" Yahoo email crash dilemma is as follows:
- "It's obviously the first sign of the Apocolypse.... c'mon people, get a grip. SW breaks,and it is like fast food .... it can be quick and easy but it isn't INSTANT.................
And try to remember they providethis service to you for FREE... unlike most isp's that make you pay......"
My sentiments exactly!