Android Data Recovery - Undelete Messages, Photos, Contacts etc from Android Smartphones or Tablets
Recover Deleted Files from Android Device
Accidentally deleted files (text messages, Contacts, photos, videos, music etc) off your Android phone or tablet such as HTC, Samsung Mobile, Motorola, LG, Sony Ericsson etc and wondering if there is any way to perform Android file recovery? Well, it happens commonly to Android phone users to encounter data loss especially when you regards your Android phone as a digital camera or a memory storage device more than a communication tool to make a phone call or send text messages.
The TRUTH - YES, you can recover deleted or lost files from the devices. **Keep reading and explore for how to undelete & rescue your lost SMS, photos, Contacts, videos, music etc with Android data recovery software (continue to read).
General Android Data Loss Causes
Don't Let Your Phone Be Caught Again!
When your Android phone is not only a cell phone, then too many reasons are out there that may cause your precious files being erased, removed or lost all of a sudden, putting phone holders in great panic sometimes.
- Accidentally press "delete" button on the phone and erased some precious SMS text messages or business Contacts just taken with camera function.
- Music files missing in data transferring between your Android phone and PC or Mac machine.
- Formatted the removable media memory card (SD, CF, memory stick etc) equipped within the phone.
- Have a phone reset or restore and everything gone.
- Unable to read images, videos or music files in the gallery due to memory card error.
- When connecting Android phone (memory card) to PC, it says "the card is not formatted,
- would you like to format it now?"
- Android phone got water damaged or broken.
- More reasons cause the data inaccessible or lost from your Android phone.
Then how to recover those deleted, formatted or lost files from Android phone or tablet? Basically there are 3 things you'll need: a 3rd-party recovery software, a a PC or Mac, your Android device.
Android File Recovery Software
Undelete Text Messages, Contacts, Pictures, Videos, etc from Android Devices
For Windows (8/7/Vista/XP) based PC: --> Download Data Recovery for Android
If you are a Mac OS X user: --> Download Stellar Recovery Mac
Not to worry! There is no complicated stuff here. You don't have to be a tech geek to get that done. Because the program is designed to be extremely easy to use. It can be worked on either a Windows or Mac based computer. It is able to recover SMS, Contacts, images, videos and music files deleted, formatted or lost from your Android based phone. The file formats supported range from photo formats includes JPEG, PNG, GIF TIF, TIFF etc to video and audio formats such as MP3, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, WAV and more. The thumbnail preview lets you confirm the files in advance before recovery.
Before you use the Android data recovery program, make sure that your Android smartphone or tablet can be switched on and detected by the computer you are using, and the battery power is more than 20%.
How to Recover Lost Files from Android Devices
Step by Step Instructions for Your Reference+++
Preparation: connect your android phone to your PC or Mac. If your data are stored in the phone memory, connect the phone via the USB cable, make sure you can access the storage mode before starting.
Note: if the data are saved on the tiny piece of memory card insides, you can opt for a memory card reader - in this way you should take the memory card out of your phone and then load it on a card reader. Then insert the card reader to your computer. This method can be used when your Android device is unable to turn on because of water damage or broken.
- STEP 1: Download and install the Android data recovery app on your computer. Open the software and choose a recovery option to continue.
- STEP 2: Select the file types you want to recover. Then click Next button to continue.
- STEP 3: Now the program will start to scan for lost text/media messages, personal Contacts, documents, photos, videos & music files. When the scanning is finished, preview the found files to see if they are right what you want and then recover them easily.
Android Phone Not Recognized?
How to Enable USB Mass Storage Mode
As far as I know, there are some Android phones or tablets (such as Samsung Galaxy S3, Note II etc) that don't support USB Mass Storage (known as UMS) mode. Note: if this is your first time to notice this. it is not a bug. It's just designed by the manufacturer on purpose, for security reasons or so.
However, that doesn't mean you can't access the mass storage memory. With only a few minutes, you can enable the UMS mode with ease.
First of all, you'll need to root your Android device. Please be aware that the process is reversible and safe.
Then follow the step by step guide showed on this article talking about enabling UMS mode.
After the USB Mass Storage mode is unlocked, it should be detected by your computer and then you can continue to use the above software to rescue data from it.
Supported Android Phone Types
You Might Be Holding One
- Samsung Android - Admire, Captivate, Note, Nexus, Sidekick, Continuum, Conquer, Epic, Fascinate, Galaxy S2/S3/S4/i5700/i9008/Tab 10etc.
- HTC Android - Chacha, HD7, EVO, Desire HD, Legend, My Touch Mobile, XV6975, Touch Pro, Wildfire, Jetstream, Thunderbolt, Hero, Pure, Vivid, Tattoo, One X/V/S etc.
- Motorola Android - Atrix, Xoom, Droid X, Devour TouchScreen, MileStone, Moto Q series, Moto RAZR v3, v8, DEFY, MT, ME series etc.
- LG Android - LG Vortex, Optimus, Voyager, Cookie, Viper, Spectrum, Accolade, Xenon, Prada P940, GT series, Nitro HD etc.
- Sony Android - Xperia X10 Mini, Xperia Arc, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia acro, X8 etc.
- Huawei Ascend G300, Ideos S7, Honor U8860, M886 & ZTE Kis, Merit, Score/MUVE Music, Warp
- More Android device models...
Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the third Android Honeycomb-powered tablet launched by a major OEM in the United States, and Samsung went to great lengths to revise the design and slice off the extra bulk. Big screen, competitive price, cool net-surfing & gaming experience. It's more than a phone! It looks more like a tablet computer!
Classics never die. It's right in front of you! Your choice! Overall the Motorola Xoom is one of the best tablets available on the market, featuring great performance, an efficient user interface and a good multimedia experience.
- Official Android Site
Official Android site provides information for users, developers and partners.
- What's Android Rooting
Learn the benefits and disadvantages of rooting your Android device from this wiki page.
- Google on Android
Provides information about Google projects based on the Android platform including external libraries, applications etc
- Android Atlas on CNET
This is always a great place for computer geek and novice to head around for Android tips.
Is this lens helpful to you?
Does the Android data recovery software help you out and retrieve your deleted or missing files?
Have your story say here by leaving a comment below.