The answers from wandererh are good. Here are a couple of other pointers. First, unless you have full insurance - and sometimes, even if you do - water damage is not covered, so it can be costly. Second, if you try the hair dryer, warm (not hot) and longer is best, or you might damage the cell phone. Third, you can also pack the cell phone in a box or bag of uncooked white rice for a couple of weeks. That will slowly dehydrate the cell phone, and it might work again. Fourth, if you have a warm, not hot, lamp, you can open the phone, remove the battery (if possible) and leave it under the lamp to warm for a day, and dry out. Good luck!