againsttheodds profile image 80

Do you find yourself using the Hubpages search engine as a top Google replacement or alternative?

When looking for quality content regarding a specific issue that I need to research I find myself using the Hubpages search engine feature to find articles that can address the topic. For many things, it has now become a consistent Google replacement and this is because I more trust the quality and consistent research of the writers here. It opens the question as to what is a search engine, but I also like the fact that I am giving a community member another page impression and rating or comment. The best search engine will deliver what you are looking for and increasingly this is hubs.

tillsontitan profile image90

Mary Craig (tillsontitan) says

Larry Fields profile image81

Larry Fields says

• againsttheodds profile image

againsttheodds 5 years ago

Despite its outlandish name, the DuckDuckGo.com search engine seems to be getting quite a sizable share of visitors. I try to incorporate it into my searching when feasible to maintain variety.

againsttheodds profile image80

againsttheodds says

RobSchneider says

• againsttheodds profile image

againsttheodds 5 years ago

Yes I agree that other alternatives exist for scholarly search engine needs. But, with the Google search engine holding such a dominate market position, imagine if everyone just used a Google replacement even if for only 1 or 2 searches a day.