vox vocis profile image 93

What is an article directory?

Wikipedia defines article directory as a website with collections of articles written about different subjects. What is your definition of an article directory? I'm doing some research on the subject and preparing a paper about article directories and their functionality. I'd like to use your answers to conclude how people feel about article directories.

the girls profile image85

the girls says

• vox vocis profile image

Jasmine (vox vocis) 5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to comment :) Do you feel that Hubpages is an article directory? Which are your favorite article directories?

writtenworks profile image60

writtenworks says

• vox vocis profile image

Jasmine (vox vocis) 5 years ago

Thanks for the answer :) The Wikipedia definition is pretty ambiguous, though. The first sentence is clear, but I when finished reading their article, I ended up not knowing what to think anymore. It seems that the concept has changed over time.

Glenn Stok profile image96

Glenn Stok says

• vox vocis profile image

Jasmine (vox vocis) 5 years ago

Thank you for offering your definition. I'm doing the research to determine which sites should be called article directories and which not. For example, some call HubPages an article directory and some defend it from this attribute.

PWalker281 says

• vox vocis profile image

Jasmine (vox vocis) 5 years ago

The term churnalism was new to me, too! Both "content farms" and "churnalism" obviously assume low-quality content. Thank you for your answer, Patrice. I appreciate it.

calculus-geometry says

• vox vocis profile image

Jasmine (vox vocis) 5 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out. My main goal is to understand how people feel about article directories, especially if they believe that there is a negative connotation associated to them.