Cardisa profile image 91

To the SEO experts. When writing titles, what is the best way to separate keywords?

Sample title: "Jamaican recipe: Dumplings and Fish", there I used a colon. What is better, the colon, a dash or brackets for the secondary keywords? So would I place a bracket around "dumplings and fish" or use the dash, or is the colon best? I am asking this because someone suggested me bracketing which I found strange. I have used the dash but have no idea if that affected my title or not. I have developed the habit of using the colon but still don't know if that is best.

Savvyness0ne profile image58

Best Answer Savvyness0ne says

simpy63 profile image79

Abhilash Nayak (simpy63) says

• Cardisa profile image

Carolee Samuda (Cardisa) 5 years ago

Thank you Simpy63. The titles are cut off at 65 character so I always try to make my title not too long or too short either.