Attikos profile image 81

Are you suddenly receiving more unsolicited telephone calls?

I am. Some are from people claiming to represent polling outfits of which I never have heard, others nonprofits asking for money, still more from campaigns and political party headquarters. The calls are up to half a dozen a day, and the number seems to be rising. It's driving me crazy. What are you experiencing?

Georgie Lowery profile image96

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 5 years ago

There should a class action suit here for some sharp lawyer. After all, we pay for telephone services, and taking our property for their use without compensating us for it ought to make telemarketers liable for damages.

deepak2u profile image77

Govind Deepak Kumar (deepak2u) says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 5 years ago

Many of them here in the US stem from this hotly contested federal election. I also am getting a steep rise in the number of calls of other sorts, too, not all of them from nonprofits, and my numbers are in the "do not call" registry.

Diana Lee profile image83

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 5 years ago

They're getting bolder, at any rate. I hear that the most flagrant ones are based overseas where State attorneys general can't get to them, and they use false caller IDs to conceal their locations. There ought to be a technical solution for that.

brakel2 profile image83

Audrey Selig (brakel2) says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 5 years ago

Oh, yes, campaign seasons are the worst, aren't they? Not just for intrusive, unwanted telephone calls, but in every other way the &^%$ pols use to bombard us with demands for money, push polls, and sales pitches.