DzyMsLizzy profile image 90

Is there a way to upload old VHS tapes to the computer to be edited and digitized?

I have an old RCA Pro-Edit VHS videocamera that I liked very much. I am familiar with A & B roll editing, tape-to-tape. I realize, however, that once you plug in your A/B roll footage, by the time you get your edited master completed, you are already down a generation, and subsequent copies are down another, each generation losing quality and resolution. However, there is no such loss with digital, so if I can get my VHS tapes into the computer somehow, I can edit with no further loss. (The camera outputs are the old RCA connectors--no firewire is available for it.)

Kenneth Ray profile image76

Best Answer Ken McGonigal (Kenneth Ray) says

• DzyMsLizzy profile image

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) 4 years ago

Thanks--I've bookmarked the article.

Hezekiah profile image85

Hezekiah says

• DzyMsLizzy profile image

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) 4 years ago

My connection isn't a 3-pin; it's an RCA jack..one pin in the middle, surrounded by a metal tube that is part of the plug-in connection.