NateB11 profile image 94

What do you do if the lens on your digital camera is extended and stays stuck?

The lens won't retract when it's on sometimes, then it starts buzzing and won't do anything, I shut it off and the lens stays stuck and extended; when I try to turn it on I get a "lens error" message and a "power on retry" message, then it shuts off. I actually finally got it to retract again, then I shut it off and put it away for now. I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to retract. Is this just going to be a recurring problem or is there something I can do about it (that's affordable)?

Randy M. profile image88

Randy McLaughlin (Randy M.) says

• NateB11 profile image

Nathan Bernardo (NateB11) 4 years ago

I recharged the battery and put it back in the camera, and the lens was still stuck. However, low battery is one of the causes to this problem, I've read online. It might be I should get a new battery.

Canon Camera Guy profile image62

Canon Camera Guy says

• NateB11 profile image

Nathan Bernardo (NateB11) 4 years ago

It's a Casio Exilim. What you say makes sense. What has been happening is the lens stays stuck and extended; if I pull it out, it will retract most of the way, then I tap it slightly and it will close.