Billie Kelpin profile image 90

How are you handling the upcoming planned deletion of igoogle by google?

So, I spent HOURS today trying to get myself used to not using my igoogle page which google says will be scheduled to be obsolete in November 2013, or so. All I wanted was to establish a google chrome page with a nice little "to do" list on the home page. I changed the theme 5 dozen times and STILL don't like it as much as my igoogle page. PLUS, I was able to access "Sticky Notes" whose icon shows up on my opening page, but you have to click on it to view your list. With igoogle my list showed right on the igoogle page, and that's not the only complaint!

DrivingPeace profile image89

Best Answer Greg Weber (DrivingPeace) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

D. Thanks! I think I know why. It's the application for the mobile devices. From doing my website, I can see that it works better if your have those squares and click on them than having a google web page that's individualized. I'll chk your link.

earner profile image85

Dedicated Content Curator (earner) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

E, THANKS! Love ur comment "I hate it when things I am relying on - and have built my life around -cease to exisit". That certainly has a DOUBLE meaning for me in my life!-a perfect metaphor. And I did find another suitable platform n married him:)

Rochelle Frank profile image88

Rochelle Frank says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

I'm looking for a program that will GIVE me money TO manage, Rochelle (tee hee). I really don't know how I got igoogle, but it's so CUTE and I LOVED it. All my favorite quotes are right on the opening page and they change each day. Oh well.

cebutouristspot profile image74

cebutouristspot says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

I realized that this afternoon. It's very weird how we get attached to the way something is laid out on the web. It changes; we change - kinda like life. Thank you Cebu...

wqaindia profile image55

Ashok Goyal (wqaindia) says

relawshe profile image82

Rachel L (relawshe) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

I can't believe that I'm among the few who uses it apparently. How did THAT happen? You're right. I have to get used to something a bit different (That's what my counselor has been telling me for 20 years about my life - HA!)