Ceres Schwarz profile image 23

What does it mean when someone on Twitter follows you & then later unfollows you for no reason?

Have you ever experienced being followed by someone on Twitter and then, after you follow this person back, you later find out that he / she has unfollowed you for seemingly no reason at all? What does this mean? And what did you do about it?

MickS profile image73

MickS says

• Ceres Schwarz profile image

Ceres Schwarz 4 years ago

Okay. It's just this is the 1st time this happened for me & I got confused, still being pretty new to Twitter. I mean, why did they follow me in the first place if they're just going to unfollow? I don't even know why they did that.

webscripts profile image59

webscripts says

• Ceres Schwarz profile image

Ceres Schwarz 4 years ago

If they weren't interested, then why follow me in the first place? They followed first, then I followed back. The next time I logged on to Twitter, I find that I've been unfollowed. Maybe it's because of that software you mentioned?

WritersDigest says

• Ceres Schwarz profile image

Ceres Schwarz 4 years ago

Okay thanks. It's just that this is the 1st time this happened to me since I'm still pretty new to Twitter so I didn't know what it meant. What do you mean by "they are trying to reinvent their profile"?

• Ceres Schwarz profile image

Ceres Schwarz 4 years ago

Okay. I just thought it was really strange. I mean, why did they decide to follow me in the first place then? It seemed like less than a day when I followed back and then, the next time I log on to Twitter, I find that I've been unfollowed.