My personal pet peeves are the following, some of which aren't as critical as others:
- Kinect 2.0: For starters, it doesn't work. That's a fact. I don't even need to see it because I know Microsoft will have only tweaked it, and yet it still won't work as intended. We're in the year 2013 and we still haven't gotten light guns to work yet, nor have we got Sixaxis in controllers (3DS, Wii, PS3) to get things 100% efficient. I'm hoping that it at least redeems some of the major flaws with the console for the casual buyer. Nothing too critical though.
- DRM: This is intended to make sure publishers and devs get all the money from a video game sale, but this is only further alienating console gamers and furthermore, the XBOX One has reduced its collectability to squat. Bubsy 3D has more appeal than a used copy of an XBOX One game. Sorry but when one of two stores in my country that sells only used games goes down, I'll stick with the PS4.
- Internet connection. Everyone has the internet, but not everyone has the ability to get onto XBOX Live. Take me for example - I'm on a dongle. I couldn't set up LIVE even with BT homehubs and Talk-Talk. All of a sudden it's compulsory to get online once a week (or every 24 hours, I can't remember) otherwise you can't play the console until you next log in. So bye bye anyone who has never done this before.
- Less focus on games and more towards film and music. This isn't so bad in my opinion, but it just means instead of fixing the kinks that exist on the dashboard and console, Sky TV and Windows Media Player will be top priority when it comes to console fixes.
- Achievement novelty = nothing. Achievements will be added weekly and for collectors, this is a very bad sign. Having to watch "all episodes of John's Antique Drivel Show, Series 7" for 10 Gamerscore does not sound appealing at all.
EDIT: You have my sincerest apologies for the rage there, but this is getting out of hand.