nayaz1625 profile image 82

When changing the domain name of a website, is it normal to have a decrease in daily visits?

I bought a domain name for my website few days ago, so my website address changed from its old weebly subdomain to a domain name I bought. After that, I noticed visits to my website fall about 25%. Is it normal?

dappledesigns profile image91

dappledesigns says

• nayaz1625 profile image

nayaz1625 3 years ago

Hello dappledesigns, thank you for commenting. Actually, weebly automatically redirect all traffic (pointing towards the original subdomain) to the new domain name. That's, among others, what makes weebly special.

Kris Thomas profile image60

Kris Thomas says

• nayaz1625 profile image

nayaz1625 3 years ago

Hello Kris Thomas, thank you for your comment. Concerning domain forwarding, may this is not the issue because weebly automatically redirects visitors. But, as you pointed out, I'll try resubmitting to search engines and social media.