Room of My Own profile image 98

Do you let guests and acquaintances use your secure home Wi-Fi connection when they visit you?

While hosting a networking business meeting in my home recently, one of the guests leaned over and quietly asked if he could use my Wi-Fi to access the internet on his iPhone. I was surprised he asked me for it because I assumed he'd already have cellular connectivity. I declined and told him I couldn't remember my password (which was true). I carried on with the meeting, but afterwards I was curious about the proper etiquette for sharing secure Wi-Fi access with guests in your home.

ForLoveofCupcakes profile image88

Jamie Jensen (ForLoveofCupcakes) says

• Room of My Own profile image

Sadie Holloway (Room of My Own) 3 years ago

Like you I am quite trusting too, but a few weeks back I got a bug that couldn't get rid off. My ISP warned me that It may have been caused by a WiFi breach, but I still have no idea how that happened. I've been cautious about my WiFi ever since.

• Room of My Own profile image

Thank, junkseller! I hadn't thought about setting up a guest account. We're just a small group so far and since no one has ever brought a laptop to the meeting, none of us had thought about supplying WiFi as part of our hosting duties.