Dreamhowl profile image 99

Do I need a professional email address?

I currently have two email addresses - one with live.com that is attached to my Xbox Live gamertag, and is unprofessional, and another with gmail.com that has been functioning as both personal and professional. I use it to contact family and friends, but also have it listed on my resume and professional sites. It is already a combination of my first and last name. Should I have a separate email for professional purposes? How many email addresses do you have?

Express10 profile image89

H C Palting (Express10) says

• Dreamhowl profile image

Jessica Marello (Dreamhowl) 3 years ago

Thanks! As I try to make more of an online presence, I feel like I should have an email solely for contact about freelance and writing opportunities. Maybe I'll just make a different combination of my name for a new one. :)

• Dreamhowl profile image

Jessica Marello (Dreamhowl) 3 years ago

Yeah, having one with gmail or hotmail was never as big as a problem, but when I got to college I made the gmail with a combination of my name. It is just a matter of deciding if I should make a separate one for freelance specific matters. :)