ChristinS profile image 94

Do hackers or "hactivists" consider the ramifications of their actions before their crusades?

In the case of Ashley Madison for example, they've justified their criminal behavior because they claim that philanderers deserve to be exposed - this may be true, but what about the spouses and children who will ultimately be damaged by these revelations? What makes someone decide they have the right to go on a moral crusade, when said crusade will also potentially shatter thousands of innocent lives? Do you support "hactivism" or is it just more immoral behavior guised under "justice"? I am undecided, I believe in standing up for what's right, but sometimes that leads to more wrongs...

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 23 months ago

Excellent points. While I have no love loss for cheaters and they certainly caused their own karma, this is just an excuse to justify different deplorable behavior at that point all "morality" is lost.

integrater profile image61

Certified Noob (integrater) says

• ChristinS profile image

this involves millions of people - so hackers took it upon themselves to make that choice for the partners all those people. Was it really their place? It isn't about what "I" think is right or would want - kind of my point. Also hack was illegal

Lori Worsencroft profile image61

Lori Worsencroft says

• ChristinS profile image

true but who decides who should be punished? It's not just men either, it's women too that cheat, and cheating has always happened. Do we justify one wrong to remedy another? and if so, how does that truly help?