To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall cumulative security update 911567. To remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel. System administrators can also use the Spuninst.exe utility to remove this security update.
2. Copy the .wab file that is located in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\
Paste a copy of this file in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\backup.wab
Note In this step, is your Microsoft Windows user name. Make sure there is no .wab file on your Desktop.
3. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
4. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
Del "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\.wab"
5. Start Outlook Express.
6. On the Tools menu, click Address Book. Notice that the Address Book does not contain any contacts.
7. On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Address Book.
8. Import the backup.wab file that is located in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop
9. Install the most recent cumulative security update for Outlook Express If you are still experiencing the issue I can suggest this program Address Book Fix Toolbox https://www.fixtoolbox.com/addressbookfix.html
Note If you find more than one .wab file, rename the user name with which you are currently logged in. If the user name is the default user name, the file name is Default.wab.
After you apply these changes, import all contacts that are contained in the old .wab file to the new profile that you have created. All contacts that are contained in the .wab file are imported to the new profile. During importing, folders are not recognized. Therefore, all contacts are imported to the profile. If you have shared groups, these groups are imported to the profile