Sandi Kroeger profile image 82

Why can't the technology gurus settle on just one "browser" that works for everything?

I am so sick of having to switch browsers.. "go to Chrome".... "Mozilla will work better for that".... Are you using Internet Explorer?... "that won't work as well as (fill in the blank)". There has to be some genius out there who can develop such a "generic" browser that it will adapt as needed. In this modern day of everything going digital - and mobile - why can't this be done? After many years of having different recharge plugins for each brand of cell phone, those were finalized standardized and I am thankful for that. Who should be put in charge of that quest?

jackclee lm profile image82

Jack Lee (jackclee lm) says

• Sandi Kroeger profile image

Sandi Kroeger 18 months ago

Why can't they just all be diligent about developing one superior product that is consumer friendly? I don't want to be learning 25 zillion new features with each upgrade of every product. I want ONE SUPERIOR browser that works!!

Amanda108 profile image93

Amanda (Amanda108) says

• Sandi Kroeger profile image

Sandi Kroeger 17 months ago

Thanks for your answer Amanda. I know that it is really toooooo much to expect but considering how much time people spend on their computers now, ease of access and compatibility should be high priorities. I guess it's just me...

Annsalo profile image88

Annsalo says

• Sandi Kroeger profile image

Sandi Kroeger 18 months ago

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. It's not a matter of choosing the "best" browser. It's when I get partway into a site, realize I have to fill in a form and it won't work because I'm in the wrong browser & have to switch.