Venkatachari M profile image 80

Why my computer screen is flashing "OSD lock" message since yesterday?

There is a message "OSD Lock" on a blue patch in the center of the screen of my computer. It is flashing it continuously since yesterday. When I google searched, I came to know that I should press the start menu button when my computer is off to get rid of this message. But, there is no menu button on my desktop since I purchased it. There is a hole in its place. The other buttons are also out of order. I don't know the use of all those buttons ever. So, how to get rid of this flashing message which affects my vision? Can anybody help?

skear profile image94

Sam Kear (skear) says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 16 months ago

Thanks for your help. My monitor is probably a TV monitor ViewSonic E70fb. The menu button must be broken since purchase. A horizontal gap is there on the monitor before other screen buttons which also do not work. So I am unable to fix it.

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 16 months ago

Thank you, Manatita. I already have malware. I will run it and see. And your other suggestion too. Blessings.