1. On the springboard, locate the app you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold down the icon of the application you want to delete. After a few seconds your screen will start to “wiggle” and an X will appear next to each of the apps you’ve installed via the App Store.
3. Tap the X next to the icon of the app you want to remove. When prompted, select Delete.
4. And now it’s gone.
5. If the application is listed in your iTunes Applications as well, you’ll want to remove it from there – or else it will re-install the next time you sync. Alternately you can keep the app in your iTunes Applications, and set iTunes not to sync all applications, just the ones you want to keep. See the Applications tab of your device the next time it’s connected in iTunes for syncing options.
6. NOTE: you can also re-order/move the apps on your iPod Touch or iPhone using a very similar process.
NOTE: you cannot delete certain apps – generally the ones that come pre-loaded on your iPhone/iPod Touch such as Stocks, Maps, Safari etc. You can use this tutorial to “move” them to another screen (perhaps the ‘last’ one) so that you don’t have to see them/make room for the ones you use more frequently.