My computer hard disc is not partitioned,How do I partition it,to optimize performance.

My laptop has more than 85% free space in its hard drive, but seems to be very slow to startup or shut down,and takes a lot of time to search for new pages. I used disk clean up, Disk Defragmenter and trends micro antivirus system tuner to cleanup all unwanted files, even then its slow. A friend advised me to partition to hard disc into C & D, and to keep Partition C small with only the startup programmes in it and to put all the other stuff in D,but since I and my friend are not computer Technicians, I am asking people with good skills over here to please help me in this matter.

diabetesreporter profile image78

diabetesreporter says

mmzh786 profile image61

ZAHEEN HAFZAR M M (mmzh786) says

lafamillia profile image55

lafamillia says

kjchic says