How to convert audio/voice to text : sound to text conversion by Speech Recognition with XP
With the Speech Recognition feature you can simply talk to your computer. It will be possible for computer to understand what you say. Yes, you can convert your speech to text directly by this technique and it also doesn't includes buying of expensive software and other utilities, Just a simple technique to implement on your Windows XP MS Office and you are on. Now say goodbye to typing and start effortless speech to text conversion for your data entries, blog posting and creating Hubs. You just need to say the words and your computer will automaticaly type them for you.
You might also like
For experiencing the magic of this speech engine recognition feature, you need to have a Windows XP (service pack 1 is more preferable) and the Microso
ft Speech Engine (version 5.0). Now, further you need applications which can work as a platform for your speech commands. Don't worry these are not any software or utilities, these are the basic applications which are installed by default in your PC e.g. Notepad, Wordpad, Outlook Express but the most recommended is the MS Office Word.
You need to know that there isn't any inbuilt Speech Engine in Microsoft XP, you need to take some really easy steps to install it and make it work. Believe me, even a 5 year kid can do it.
The MS Speech Rcognition Engine for XP, is available in the Office XP applications like MS Word, MS powerpoint or MS Excel. If you have an Office XP application installed in your PC then your PC probably has the option of SRE but you are unaware of it. And it is not there, then insatal it by following manner :
- If you are installing the Microsoft Office then:
- From the installing options, select 'custom' type of installation option.
- Then in the 'features to instal' option, click the '+' button to expand the 'Office shared features' and then select the 'Alternative user input' option by clicking it.
- If you have already got MS Office installed in your machine then refer the following :
- Go to the Control Panel from the settings option in the Start Menu.
- Then select and open the 'Add/remove programs' option.
- After a window opens, select 'Microsoft Office' from this and click on the 'change button'.
- Then choose the 'Add / remove features' option from the opened window and then click on 'Next'.
- Then finally click the '+' option of the 'Alternative user input' option in order to expand it and then choose the Speech option and select 'Update'.. The speech engine will get installed
So, you have successfully installed the Microsoft Speech Engine Recognition.
Now open the Microsoft Word and click on the 'Tools' option. If you have properly installed the SRE then you will see a 'speech' option in the tools menu. Click on it, After you click icon of microphone will appear or it may not appear depending on configurations. Have you 'Microphones' ready and start the work in a cool way. Please ensure that the batteries of your microphone are charged and also try to use a high quality mic for more accuracy and precision in the voice to text conversion. You can also enjoy the feature of controlling Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer with this SRE technique.
For more advanced features associated with speech ,voice commands and languages you can try the following :
- Open Control Panel
- Select the Regional and Language option
- Then click the 'details' button in the 'launguage' option.
You can also set the properties of the SRE according to you and to make it efficient to recognize your voice easily by doing some voice training and setting some properties according to your voice and language. You can do this from here :
Open the 'Control Panel' from the Start menu and then select the 'Sound and Audio Devices'. A speech and language dialogue box will open.Then configure the settings as per your requirements.
- Life Without Limbs - Nick Vujicic (biography and videos)
Nick Vujicic was born in a Christian family in Melbourne, Australia on the date 4th December, 1982 as the first-born child in his dedicated Serbian Christian household. From his birth onwards, he was...