- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
Become Famous On Facebook & Get Fans
So you want to be famous on Facebook and get lots of fans?
Everyone is starting to use Facebook for marketing and it seems the main question is "How do I get a TON of fans and likes?". Well this is definitely one of the most important aspects of having a Facebook page or profile but it is not all to be worried about. This article will teach you how to increase followers and how to give your audience content they will share.
Facebook is the #2 ranked website in the world, just below Google. It is becoming a huge part of our every day life, bringing social media to every type of person. With so many different uses, Facebook offers many options to suit your online needs. It is a great way to chat to friends, share photos and videos, create groups, advertise business, and TONS more.
After having millions of friends on MySpace became tiresome to some people, the new trend is to become popular on Facebook. Because of this fact, I have decided to help you out with a few good tips. Facebook fame is not created overnight, it takes some work and effort for you to climb to the top.
Why Do You Want To Become Famous?
First and most importantly you need to think about WHY you want to become famous on Facebook.
Usually there is some sort of motivation behind this desire so you need to think about why. Thinking about why you would like to become well-known on the best-known social network can help you home in on how you can become a household name. Knowing your value, and realizing it helps you utilize it to the best of your power. You are an individual, not a mindless drone, and the world needs to see you! But be prepared for all types of consequences.
Some motivations for becoming famous on Facebook include:
1. Wanting everyone's attention just for the fun of it.
2. Wanting to show off your special skill or talent.
3. Getting your music well known if you are a musician.
4. If you are a new comedian and want to have fans.
5. Advertising your new business/company to attract new customers & generate sales.
6. Advertising a movie or show that you have made.
7. Wanting to make a funny or unique idea popular.
8. Wanting to sell a product.
9. Inspired to help others by sharing your knowledge on specific subjects
10. And TONS of other reasons!
Once you have decided what your motivation behind the whole thing is, then you can continue on to the next step.
Create Your Page Or Group
Once you have decided on your purpose for becoming famous on Facebook, then you will want to create a page or group.
Pages and groups are very similar on Facebook, but both offer a few different options. Whenever I have an idea and would like to gain fans, then I always go for a page. Here are a few reasons to use each.
- Easily share information throughout the whole fan list.
- More customizing options, such as the layout, tabs, and applications.
- More noticeable online through search engines and other websites.
- Pages appear more proffessional and are more popular than groups.
- Pages can be advertised through Facebook advertising.
- Owner is able to send message updates to every member.
- Better for open discussions.
- Better usage as a message board to get alternative opinions.
- Has similar abilities as a page but not as customizable and cannot always send messages to all members.
- Works better as a video/photo sharing tool.
These are just a few reasons for each but like I said, I highly recommend using pages because of their popularity and advanced features.
Time To Let The World Know!
Make sure that your page or group is set to go, full of information, has some pictures/videos, and is attention grabbing. Once you have created your fan page or group and you are sure it is 100% ready to share with everyone, then it is time to tell the world.
First you will want to share it with all of your Facebook friends. Invite them to the page or group and see how many join. The more friends you have on your personal account then the more fans you will be able to get, because invites can be sent out to ALL of them. Once you invite all of your friends, wait a day to see how many join and see if they invite their friends as well. This can become a chain reaction of invites, because if one person likes your page/group and their friends like it, it will spread like wildfire and you will be on your way to becoming famous.
The next day, you will want to advertise and share your page/group. Advertising can be done in many ways but the best ways are as followed :
1. Social media sharing through Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, and others that you are signed up for.
2. Social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, and others.
3. Write about your page/group in your own blogs, or include your page link in a noticeable spot.
4. Blog commenting. Find blogs that relate to your page/group and start commenting on them, leaving a link.
5. Paid advertising. If you want a cheap way to advertise, use Facebook advertising. You can set daily budgets and spend whatever.
6. Message boards/forums. Create posts, reply to other posts related to your page/group and include your link in the signature.
7. Word of mouth. The most common and oldest way to advertise. Just tell other people about it.
These are just a few ways to get your page/group known better and they should definitely help you out.
About To Become Famous!
Once you have advertised your page/group and fans are starting to roll in by the day, then you are definitely on track to becoming famous on Facebook. Who knows, you might even make some money while you do it!
If you don't become famous right away, just remember that it takes time. So don't be discouraged if you are not an overnight success. Keep on trying and keep those fans entertained!
1. Keep your page/group updated. If you cannot do it daily, then at least every other day. This will keep fans interested.
2. Do NOT over-post and annoy your fans. Seeing posts fill up your Facebook every few minutes can be annoying. Do NOT spam 24/7.
3. Always work on new ideas. Even if you have a ton of fans and posts, you need to try new ideas to attract new fans.
4. Choose an interesting topic or a really stupid and random topic. Some people love interesting ideas, while others just like to become part of a new page that is 100% nonsense. Like "A Pickle Who Loves Facebook" or something like that.
5. Use Facebook advertising if you have the money. It is very cheap and you can spend $5 per day or thousands per day. It is all your choice and you can stop the advertising any time you want. It is a great way to get new fans if you don't mind spending a little cash.
6. Use your new and popular page/group to make some money! Lots of popular people will sell products, t-shirts/merchandise, books, or advertise their websites.
7. For a list of most popular social bookmarking sites. Check out Social Poster, where you can submit to multiple sites.
NEW 2012 Facebook Tips
- Choose a catchy profile photo and Timeline photo. Make sure it captures your visitor's attention and that it represents yourself/service/business.
- Create an interesting landing page that shows what your page is about, promotions, deals, and other information to gain new followers. You can find great websites or apps that will help you create your landing (Welcome) page.
- Set up Google Analytics for your fan page to monitor your traffic.
- As always, provide high quality content to your fans. Photographs are very popular on Facebook and can easily gain new likes, comments, and shares.
- Make sure you completely fill out your profile information, including your website and links to all other social media profiles.
- Invite your whole friends list to join!
- Create a public event for the launch of your Facebook page and invite everyone that you can. Make sure you include a link to your Facebook page.
- Like and participate on other Facebook pages. Choose ones that relate to your category to attract the correct audience.
- Remember that growing a successful fan page is not always quick. Be patient!
FB Maxed - Custom Professional Pages - Only $47
Customize your Facebook page, gain more fans, and create a better image for social media sharing. This website will help you with everything you need when it comes to Facebook pages and attracting new fans and customers. Great program!
Increase Fans On Twitter & Facebook With Twiends!
Twiends.com is the best online tool for increasing your fans and followers. It is very easy to do and only takes a moment to sign up. You can easily increase your fans each day by using Twiends. Check it out!