Best External Hard Drives: LaCie d2 Quadra vs. Seagate Free Agent Go
Which is Better? What's your review of these External Hard Drives.
I've been told I need to stop using writable USB flash drives, CDs or DVDs to backup my PC data storage and archiving on my computer.
To that end, the 2 external hard drives I've decided to use in this review are recommended by ConsumerSearch.com.
The LaCie d2 Quadra and Seagate Free Agent Go have captured the 2 tops spots in their Top 4 Review. The models chosen differ from each other in a few ways. For example:
They have different data storage capacities. One is 500 GB (gigabytes), the other is 250 GB.
One is portable, the other is a desktop model.
Help me out and give your honest reviews. If you haven't purchased one of these external hard drives, which would you choose?
Don't like either? Let us know why in the guest book below. Good, bad, or indifferent, your reviews will help make the decision of which external hard drive I, and possibly others, should purchase.
Thanks so much for helping this "Computer Hardware Dummy".
So far, in my computing history, I've used the last 6 options. Some more successful than others.
What do you use for Computer Data Storage?
LaCie d2 Quadra 500 GB External Hard Drive - For "More External Hard Drives" see the other Page Tabs above
* External hard disk offers 500 GB with triple connection interface
* Supports eSATA, FireWire 800/400, and USB 2.0 connections
* Stylish enclosure by Neil Poulton reduces heat for quiet, fanless operation
* Shortcut button on drive lets you launch any application
* Device measures 1.7 x 6.3 x 6.8 inches (WxHxD); backed by a 3-year warranty
Computer Rules to live by...
I think this was meant for kids.
A good reminder for everyone to make life easier.
Some are good to keep the repair bills down....
Or am I the only one to drop something wet,
sticky, or otherwise inappropriate,
onto the keyboard?
Seagate FreeAgent Go 250 GB Portable External Hard Drive
* Able to take your desktop environment with you
* Save all your private information instead of on the computer
* Protect against unathorized use with 256-bit encryption
* Windows XP/Vista compatible
So, what's your Recommendation for an External Hard Drive? - LaCie ~or~ Seagate? No idea? Which do you think is better?
Which earns your highest marks?
LaCie d2 Quadra 500gb in a desktop model?
Search for more External Hard Drives and Accessories
Need more? Seagate FreeAgent Go 1TB to USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive Black - If you need more storage than I do, and with a Travel Case, too.
The ultimate portable storage solution with the worlds first hard drive docking station for easy access to all your stuff. Sleek, ultra-thin design that is as stylish as it is striking.
* Preloaded Software to Automatically Back Up and Sync Files and Folders.
* Ultra-thin design . Store photos, music, and other files
* Carry your data anywhere you want.
* Sync data between computers. USB travel cable
* System Requirement - Windows XP, Windows Vista Or Windows7(32-bit & 64-bit)Operating System. USB Port
Seagate FreeAgent Docking Stations
Seagate FreeAgent Go Protective Travel Carrying Case Pouch
* 3 3/8 inches x 5 1/4 inches for an item measuring 5 1/8 x 3 1/8 x 1/2 inches
* This is for the case only - no hardware included
* As this is a replacement part the item ships without packaging
LaCie d2 Quadra External Hard Drive - Best Reviewed #1 of 4
This commercial is for the 1TB model as I couldn't find one for he 500 GB model.
Seagate FreeAgent Go "Lydia" TV Ad - Best Reviewed #2 of 4
Lydia uses her FreeAgent Go to store, transport and share countless photos and home movies of her family.
LaCie External Hard Drive Commercial - Just for Fun as it Student Animated, but gets the basic function across.
Did you like this lens? Have you found what you're looking for?
If so, please be so kind and rate, favorite, and/or lensroll. (Squidoo members only)
Not a member of Squidoo yet? Join here!
Picture Credit: Me :D